Question Which is the best for gaming?

Aug 14, 2019
I have two choices, one a bit expensive and the other at risk of mining.
In Egypt, most if not all used RX470 are used heavily or for mining, which turns me away.

i5 4570
RX470
8GB Ram
HDD 500 GB
------------
Xeon x5690
GTX 780Ti
8GB Ram
HDD 500 GB
--------------
I know workstations arent for gaming, but this one has a frequency good enough to match an old i7. The 780Ti also makes the second machine more expensive, so which of these is best for 60 FPS on ultra or high quality?

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Both would be perfectly adequate for ~High 1080p gaming, for the most part.

Of the options, personally, I'd lean towards the 4570 & 470 given it's cheaper., but it's all relative.

How much are we talking, specifically? Do you have any websites, or retailer price lists we could compare to prices "new"? What kind of budget do you have?

While cards that have been mined on sound like a problem, it depends. A miner who knew what they were doing, would've undervolted/downclocked, ran cool etc. Someone who just dropped it into a system & proceeded to mine without any further considerations, would likely be a problem.

Aug 14, 2019
Both would be perfectly adequate for ~High 1080p gaming, for the most part.

Of the options, personally, I'd lean towards the 4570 & 470 given it's cheaper., but it's all relative.

How much are we talking, specifically? Do you have any websites, or retailer price lists we could compare to prices "new"? What kind of budget do you have?

While cards that have been mined on sound like a problem, it depends. A miner who knew what they were doing, would've undervolted/downclocked, ran cool etc. Someone who just dropped it into a system & proceeded to mine without any further considerations, would likely be a problem.
In Egyptian pounds, the GTX / e6590 one is 5500 EGP, while the RX 470 / i5 4570 is 5100 EGP. According to all retailers, a used RX is never suggested as its mined stupidly with. As I said, I might take the GTX just because it's safer, but I might take the RX and just try my luck. Since those retailers buy them used, they don't know how it's been used.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
While it might have been mined in poor conditions, you have to think about effective age too.
The 780TI is roughly 3 years older than an RX470 - so roughly 6 years old at this point.
A very strong card in it's own right, but has it's own potential pitfalls due to age.

Aug 14, 2019
While it might have been mined in poor conditions, you have to think about effective age too.
The 780TI is roughly 3 years older than an RX470 - so roughly 6 years old at this point.
A very strong card in it's own right, but has it's own potential pitfalls due to age.
so you suggest i go with the mined rx 470?