[SOLVED] Which is the best GPU for ryzen 5 3600 in 1440p without bottleneck?

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Hi everyone,

I am wondering.. which is the most powerful GPU that ryzen 5 3600 can support without bottleneck in 1440p?

Regards

Solution
Yes, expecting Ultra everything at 1440p to result in 144fps is not realistic. You could probably easily do 144fps at high or some combination of high and ultra. If you want to do ultra everything I'd say you will probably need to jump up to 3070 ti or 3080, and may need to upgrade the CPU to something like the 5600X or 5700x as well, but I'd just upgrade the graphics card first and see where you stand at that point.

The 3600 isn't a "bottleneck" for either of those graphics cards, but that doesn't mean that it is strong enough to support 144fps on every game, especially games that are CPU intensive, either.

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
The best one for your CPU is the best one you can afford and that your power supply can reliably support.

What can you afford to spend on a graphics card?

What is your EXACT power supply model?

What country are you in?
Nowadays I have an asus Rtx 3060ti and my PSU is a sentey mbp 850w real plus bronze. I don’t have a exactly budget

I am from Argentina.

With a Ryzen 3600 you could probably run anything up to an RTX 3080 without it being a waste of money or getting too far out of balance.

How old is that Sentey unit? As in, how long has it been in service and are you the original owner or did you buy it used? I know power supplies of good quality are hard to come by in South America, all countries, but that one is not great even if it was new, which I know it is not because it's been discontinued for quite a long time.

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
With a Ryzen 3600 you could probably run anything up to an RTX 3080 without it being a waste of money or getting too far out of balance.

How old is that Sentey unit? As in, how long has it been in service and are you the original owner or did you buy it used? I know power supplies of good quality are hard to come by in South America, all countries, but that one is not great even if it was new, which I know it is not because it's been discontinued for quite a long time.
I bought that new PSU in 2015. I am the original owner. I have not had any problems until now

ventedtax0

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Ok, so WHICH one is it? I'm just trying to figure out how to help you which I can't do unless I know what problems you are having or if in fact you are not having any problems. If you are not having any problems, then why do you want to upgrade?
I’m playing warzone 2 on my monitor Asus 1440p 144hz (170hz OC) and I can’t get 144fps with ultra specs and dlss ON. I get 80-100fps. My SO is Windows 11.

Yes, expecting Ultra everything at 1440p to result in 144fps is not realistic. You could probably easily do 144fps at high or some combination of high and ultra. If you want to do ultra everything I'd say you will probably need to jump up to 3070 ti or 3080, and may need to upgrade the CPU to something like the 5600X or 5700x as well, but I'd just upgrade the graphics card first and see where you stand at that point.

The 3600 isn't a "bottleneck" for either of those graphics cards, but that doesn't mean that it is strong enough to support 144fps on every game, especially games that are CPU intensive, either.

Reactions: ventedtax0
Solution