Which is the best motherboard

Jan 8, 2019
I am new to PC build, so don't judge me.

I was going to build my first gaming PC. Everything was fine, I choosed every part, but it was difficult to choose motherboard. I choosed Asrock AB350M Pro4. I wanted to update BIOS to the newest version. But then my friend told me, that if I update the BIOS and sometime after, like month suddenly the electricity for the block where I live, have failure, then the motherboard is going to be "brick". Can someone tell me a AM4 motherboard, which is most 90£, and have a BIOS recovery?

Solution
The risk of bricking is only if this happens *while you are updating the BIOS*. If your friend think that a power outage will brick a motherboard just because one upgraded the BIOS a month beforehand, I would definitely never ask this friend for any PC-related advice.

DSzymborski

Titan
The risk of bricking is only if this happens *while you are updating the BIOS*. If your friend think that a power outage will brick a motherboard just because one upgraded the BIOS a month beforehand, I would definitely never ask this friend for any PC-related advice.

Solution
Jan 8, 2019

No, he meant like sometime the electricity failures, it will turn into a "brick".But it can be me, that I didn't understand him. And also, thanks, this was helpful!

DSzymborski

Titan

That's extremely unlikely. The most likely victim of a power outage is a hard drive, which you protect by having a good backup strategy, which is an extremely crucial part of basic PC upkeep.

Jan 8, 2019
[/quotemsg]

That's extremely unlikely. The most likely victim of a power outage is a hard drive, which you protect by having a good backup strategy, which is an extremely crucial part of basic PC upkeep.[/quotemsg]

So I guess I can continue with Asrock AB350M Pro4?

DSzymborski

Titan

That's extremely unlikely. The most likely victim of a power outage is a hard drive, which you protect by having a good backup strategy, which is an extremely crucial part of basic PC upkeep.[/quotemsg]

So I guess I can continue with Asrock AB350M Pro4?

[/quotemsg]

Perfectly adequate budget motherboard.