Which is the best processor for that suits my config?

Vimalfxartist

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014
Hello,

My config is,

Sabertooth 990FX R.2 MotherBoard
FirePro V5900 Graphic Card 2 GB
4 x 4 Ram 16Gb DDR 3 Corsiar
1TB and 2 TB Hard drive
Phanteks Enthoo Pro
Noctua NH D15 air cooler

"8150 AMD FX Bulldozer Black Edition Processor - 8 Core"

The Above processor is damaged. I would like to buy a new one. Shall i go for the same one? Or in case to improve the performance, Should I need to buy other any other model?

Kindly help me out with my doubts. Lots of reviews confusing me.

Thanks for understanding.

Solution
If I recall correctly, the FX-8370 has a larger L3 cache. That makes it able to handle and process larger chunks of data at a faster rate, so there would be some performance benefits to it over the FX-8350. Whether you'd really notice it, I can't say (probably not).

95 watt processors like the FX-8320E and the FX-8370E are more energy efficient, but you've been running a 125 watt processor since you first booted your computer. You might save a few Rs each month.

The problem lies in the BIOS. Every CPU that has been mentioned here probably requires a BIOS update in order for your system to boot and you need a working CPU in order to update the BIOS. The simplest route for you would be to purchase the cheapest processor (or borrow any...

Vimalfxartist

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014

Ok.

Vimalfxartist

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014

Dear Wolfshadw,
In my current processor (FX 8150 - bottom part), it has more tiny needle that will enter into motherboard slot. In that, 4 needle has bends and 6 pins are gone. Its not working now. This the reason I am getting new one.

Vimalfxartist

Honorable
Mar 28, 2014

Dear Wolfshadw,

FX 8370 and FX 8350 are same in performance? Am I right? If so the only difference in cost.
The 8370 is Rs 12,993. And 8350 is Rs 9,232.
Of-course money doesnt matter for me. I wan to know which only is better that suits my config. I heard people saying 95w chips................................................ I dont have knowledge in that. Please help me out. Should I need extra watts in psu?
Which one is the best good processor?

Wolfshadw

Titan
If I recall correctly, the FX-8370 has a larger L3 cache. That makes it able to handle and process larger chunks of data at a faster rate, so there would be some performance benefits to it over the FX-8350. Whether you'd really notice it, I can't say (probably not).

95 watt processors like the FX-8320E and the FX-8370E are more energy efficient, but you've been running a 125 watt processor since you first booted your computer. You might save a few Rs each month.

The problem lies in the BIOS. Every CPU that has been mentioned here probably requires a BIOS update in order for your system to boot and you need a working CPU in order to update the BIOS. The simplest route for you would be to purchase the cheapest processor (or borrow any processor) you can find and is on the list linked below, that has been validated since BIOS version 0219. Use that processor to update your BIOS to the latest version (2501). Then you will be able to install the processor of your choice.

CPU Support List

-Wolf sends

Solution

spdragoo

Splendid
Ambassador
MERGED QUESTION
Question from Vimalfxartist : "Suggest me the best Processor for my config?"

The FX-8370 has a slightly higher turbo speed (4.3GHz vs. 4.2GHz), but otherwise the 8350 & 8370 are identical. I wuold save the Rs 3,700 & get the FX-8350.

TRENDING THREADS