Question Which is the better between AMD A8 7680 and AMD Athlon X4 870k ?

Nov 14, 2019
Hello, I am hesitating between taking the AMD A8 7680 or the AMD Athlon X4 870k. I would like to know which is the better between them or if they are equivalent ?

Nov 14, 2019
As Barty wrote, they are both horrible by current standards, can't recommend either unless you really have no other choice. The X4 does not have an IGP, so you would need a discrete GPU to use it.

The socket of my current motherboard is FM2+ and i don't have the budget to change it. But is Athlon X4 870k enough powerful to run games like Overwatch with a radeon r7 360 ?

Nov 14, 2019
Do you already have the platform (compatible MB/RAM)? At this point, they're very, very weak processors relative to newer offerings.

As far as raw CPU horsepower goes, the 870K is a bit faster of the two options presented.
Yes my current MB is an Asus A55BM-K (CPU Chipset FM2+) and my ram is ddr3. But I don't need a big CPU especially as my GPU is an Sapphire radeon R7 360. Moreover, I only play games like Overwatch who doesn't need big config.

InvalidError

Titan
Both CPUs barely squeak beyond the 60Hz mark under ideal circumstances for average FPS, though your results are likely to be significantly worse due to the much slower GPU.

You may want to consider looking into a Ryzen 2400G, would be a far more significant CPU upgrade and a decent GPU upgrade at the same time.

Reactions: Barty1884
Nov 14, 2019
Both CPUs barely squeak beyond the 60Hz mark under ideal circumstances for average FPS, though your results are likely to be significantly worse due to the much slower GPU.

You may want to consider looking into a Ryzen 2400G, would be a far more significant CPU upgrade and a decent GPU upgrade at the same time.
Ok I take note of it. Thank you very much for helping me !!