May 13, 2020
Hi!
I am considering between these two GPUs:
  • Msi RTX 2060 Super Gaming X
  • Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Windforce OC
They are quite similar but the Msi one is slightly more expensive. The reason as to why I am unsure is because I saw on some reviews, forum threads and also YouTube videos saying that the temps on the Gigabyte one is a bit on the high side, around 80°C-86°C under load. It’s not so hot that it damages or shortens the life span but it is rather hot. On the other hand, the Msi one is somewhere around the 60°C-70°C under load (and in some cases even lower) from what I’ve seen. I know that there are factors such as what airflow and cooling system you have in your case, but I still think that being only a few degrees short from damage in an even half decent cooling system is a problem and possibly a deal-breaker. I am currently going to have 6 fans in my case along with an AIO so maybe the cooling is different enough that the Gigabyte’s temps won’t be so high but I have no idea. What do you guys think? Do you think that the better temps warrant spending another ~£80 as it is here in the UK?

If anyone could answer this question it would be really appreciated.
Thanks!

Last edited:
May 13, 2020
If you can find the 2060 super with three fans made by Gigabyte then you will get a good deal because it will be relatively cheap and have lower temperatures.
Yeah I’ve looked for this but the cheapest one I could find is around £180 more than the dual fan gigabyte so I’m not going to get that

poorbugger

Distinguished
Hi!
I am considering between these two GPUs:
  • Msi RTX 2060 Super Gaming X
  • Gigabyte RTX 2060 Super Windforce OC
They are quite similar but the Msi one is slightly more expensive. The reason as to why I am unsure is because I saw on some reviews, forum threads and also YouTube videos saying that the temps on the Gigabyte one is a bit on the high side, around 80°C-86°C under load. It’s not so hot that it damages or shortens the life span but it is rather hot. On the other hand, the Msi one is somewhere around the 60°C-70°C under load (and in some cases even lower) from what I’ve seen. I know that there are factors such as what airflow and cooling system you have in your case, but I still think that being only a few degrees short from damage in an even half decent cooling system is a problem and possibly a deal-breaker. I am currently going to have 6 fans in my case along with an AIO so maybe the cooling is different enough that the Gigabyte’s temps won’t be so high but I have no idea. What do you guys think? Do you think that the better temps warrant spending another ~£80 as it is here in the UK?

If anyone could answer this question it would be really appreciated.
Thanks!
I would go with the msi. Before this i was planning on getting a rtx 2060 so i did a lot of research. The gigabyte is cheaper but runs a lot hotter. Honestly spend some more on good cooling. It would ease your heart and save you a lot of trouble in the long run

May 13, 2020
I would go with the msi. Before this i was planning on getting a rtx 2060 so i did a lot of research. The gigabyte is cheaper but runs a lot hotter. Honestly spend some more on good cooling. It would ease your heart and save you a lot of trouble in the long run
Ok. What do you have to say about Gigabyte’s RTX 2060 Super Gaming OC though?

TRENDING THREADS