Which is the better laptop?

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
Hi guys, I'm looking to buy a new laptop. My two options so far are the Omen15 2020 version from HP versus the Dell Alienware 15 MLK-R2-Y569951HIN9.

Even though both are gaming laptops I'm not a heavy gamer. I play on the console mostly and the laptop is something I'm going to be using from time to time to use premier pro but I would like to have the gaming option as well.

I know that dell has the better build quality but the specs on HP Omen are looking much better. It has 1TB SSD and 16 GB ram. If I'm looking for something in terms of pure speed and raw power which is better? Please let me know if adobe after effects and premier pro works better on the HP Omen 15 -ek0019tx ?

Last edited:
WHICH Omen15 model? Because you can get that unit with a variety of configurations and they all have different optional hardware.

Anytime you want to compare laptops or other devices, using the exact model and if available, any sub-model, is a good idea.

Pcgolfer07

Prominent
Jul 31, 2019
WHICH Omen15 model? Because you can get that unit with a variety of configurations and they all have different optional hardware.

Anytime you want to compare laptops or other devices, using the exact model and if available, any sub-model, is a good idea.
Yeah its the OMEN 15-ek0019tx

Ok, so you're comparing a 10th Gen Intel equipped laptop with a 6th Gen Intel equipped laptop? That's ridiculous. There's no comparison. The Omen is by far the better option if you are looking for performance in any Adobe application or for gaming.