Question Which is the better monitor for online gaming with ?

onemoretimex

Honorable
Jun 29, 2015
Im trying to decide out of the two monitors i own which is the best for online gaming.

I dont care about visuals or colour display etc... all i care about is responsiveness to what im sending from my controller... so that it's as close to my responses as possible every twitch counts.

These are the two monitors i have.

LG 22MK400H

and

HP EliteDisplay E233

I expected one of them to be much better for the purpose i wanted it for and so far i have felt disappointed by it and prefer the other monitor.

But just wanted to see what you gamers would say is the better monitor for the things i want above.

Low inpute lag, low response time etc..

thanks for any advice.

PrinceTexasLoaf

Respectable
Sep 28, 2018
Im trying to decide out of the two monitors i own which is the best for online gaming.

I dont care about visuals or colour display etc... all i care about is responsiveness to what im sending from my controller... so that it's as close to my responses as possible every twitch counts.

These are the two monitors i have.

LG 22MK400H

and

HP EliteDisplay E233

I expected one of them to be much better for the purpose i wanted it for and so far i have felt disappointed by it and prefer the other monitor.

But just wanted to see what you gamers would say is the better monitor for the things i want above.

Low inpute lag, low response time etc..

thanks for any advice.
The LG monitor would be the best for having Freesync Quick video on Freesync and for having a 1ms response time.
The HP monitor would be the worst for having no Freesync or Gsync and a 5ms response time.
Both of the monitors are however good but the LG monitor is hands down better for gaming.
I hope that clears things up :)

onemoretimex

Honorable
Jun 29, 2015
The LG monitor would be the best for having Freesync Quick video on Freesync and for having a 1ms response time.
The HP monitor would be the worst for having no Freesync or Gsync and a 5ms response time.
Both of the monitors are however good but the LG monitor is hands down better for gaming.
I hope that clears things up :)
Well this is what i thought when i bought it.

I never intended on using the freesync as i had read that freesync can also cause some input lag....

So i have the monitor set up with no free sync and no v sync so all my games are running max fps ... minimal tearing but this is something i dont mind.
I've also set the response time to Fast... Faster causes ghosting.. disabled all the usual culprits that could cause poorer input/reponse and its set to 75hz which is 25hz more than the HP.

Yet when i play on the HP it still feels much more responsive.

I wonder if not selecting the fastest setting on the lg means instead of 1ms its something much higher... than the HP is ?

Hp response settings are number 1-6. 1 normal 2 fast and then 3,4,5 no label and 6 fastest.

Im currently on 5 with no ghosting.

So basically there is 3 settings on lg normal,fast. fastest and im on the middle one.
and theres 6 choices on the hp and im on 5....

Something must be off as im able to do things on the HP that when i attempt on the LG i always die or get caught out because its not responding to my controller movements as well.

So frustrating.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS