Which is the better Motherboard?

SirBriggsy

Reputable
May 10, 2014
I'm wandering which to by out of these two motherboards.

MSI Z87-G45 Gaming ATX
Asus Z87-Plus

This will be built into my first build and I Might think about over-clocking depending on how hard it is. I have also seen other types of Asus Z87's like the Pro version and the M version, but do not know the differences!

Solution
I recommend ASUS in general.

As for the differences, you can go to the websites and compare, as well as Google for reviews. The differences are well explained.

Personally, I recommend the Asus Z87 Gryphon (without armor). It's $155 and has a 5-year warranty. It's micro-ATX but has plenty of slots for most people.

I'm building a PC with it right now after doing hours of research. I also am using the Noctua NH-U12S cooler, a Be Quiet L8 power supply, Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz memory, and an i5-4670K.

EXAMPLE REVIEW (Gryphon Z87): http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GRYPHON_Z87/

*In particular note that they list the "exclusive features" which aren't necessarily on other motherboards. Frankly though, I mostly care that it's got...
I recommend ASUS in general.

As for the differences, you can go to the websites and compare, as well as Google for reviews. The differences are well explained.

Personally, I recommend the Asus Z87 Gryphon (without armor). It's $155 and has a 5-year warranty. It's micro-ATX but has plenty of slots for most people.

I'm building a PC with it right now after doing hours of research. I also am using the Noctua NH-U12S cooler, a Be Quiet L8 power supply, Corsair Vengeance 1866MHz memory, and an i5-4670K.

EXAMPLE REVIEW (Gryphon Z87): http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS/GRYPHON_Z87/

*In particular note that they list the "exclusive features" which aren't necessarily on other motherboards. Frankly though, I mostly care that it's got good quality and can handle a modest overclock.

Conclusion of above review:
"There is simply nothing here I would change. If you are looking for a well-built and over-engineered platform for your new Haswell chip, and aren't looking for the highest overclocks but still want to get reasonable overclocked performance, the ASUS GRYPHON Z87 is the board for you."

Solution

SirBriggsy

Reputable
May 10, 2014

Thankyou :)