[SOLVED] Which is the better option 2x8GB RAM option?

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017
I currently have two options that I like for ram but need help deciding.

https://www.newegg.com/team-16gb-288-pin-ddr4-sdram/p/N82E16820331042?Item=N82E16820331042

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/corsai...ktop-memory-kit-black/4895506.p?skuId=4895506

It comes down to this, my dad is currently in the states until the 3 December. So he can go to best buy and buy it easily, while in Newegg id have to get at least one of either 3 or 2 day shipping for it to be kinda on time and hope the package is not damaged ( it happened once a few years ago).

I kinda want the Team T-Force because of the RGB, but the Corsair option gives me a more sense of ease because I can have it as soon possible and not wait for any mishaps that may happen on shipping.

Thanks for the help!

Solution
as you state time is of the essence here.
Murphy is a jerk and that darned law of his will creep up.
I advise caution with regard to the shipping. RGB adds no performance to the unit at all.( the RBG RAM is actually slower 3000vs 3200)its pretty sure but when gaming/rendering/sleeping does pretty help one iota? I always get killed by the gamer with more skill not more lighting. I'm an old PC guy with a beige tower to this day and I would get the corsair.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
I advise caution with regard to the shipping. RGB adds no performance to the unit at all.( the RBG RAM is actually slower 3000vs 3200)its pretty sure but when gaming/rendering/sleeping does pretty help one iota? I always get killed by the gamer with more skill not more lighting. I'm an old PC guy with a beige tower to this day and I would get the corsair.

Solution

pastify

Commendable
May 3, 2017
Thanks, just needed some more assurance hahaha. Ill get the corsair one cause of murphys law, better to be on the side of caution