[SOLVED] Which is the better RTX 2070 Super?

Mar 17, 2020
Ik that Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC is the best one boasting 1935mhz max turbo speed. Unfortunately tho that card is nowhere available. So im stuck with 2

Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070 Super Advanced OC which has 1830mhz max turbo and

Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2070 Super OC which has 1905mhz max turbo.

Specs wise i think Gigabyte is better (well... Only 1 spec difference everything else is same)
But everyone keeps saying Asus cards r better than Gigabyte.

Help...

Solution
Advertised boost clocks are invalid, because the actual boost clocks YOU will get will depend on the gpu's temps. These cards are TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE; the cooler they run, the higher they boost - sans power limit, anyway.
Gigabyte Aorus has a max power limit of 314w, the Strix Advanced, 269w.
Now, from that alone, the Gigabyte can boost higher and uses more power, but if you can't keep it cool enough to take advantage of the extra 'oomph!' then it will perform the same as the Strix.

Because there are a crap-ton of Asus fanboys/girls, that's why.
Asus is far from absolute.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Advertised boost clocks are invalid, because the actual boost clocks YOU will get will depend on the gpu's temps. These cards are TEMPERATURE SENSITIVE; the cooler they run, the higher they boost - sans power limit, anyway.
Now, from that alone, the Gigabyte can boost higher and uses more power, but if you can't keep it cool enough to take advantage of the extra 'oomph!' then it will perform the same as the Strix.

Solution
Mar 17, 2020

Im getting both cards at exact same price then i guess i shud go for Aorus

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you're sure you're ok with running higher fan curves, that is. Again, higher power use does equal more heat, so you will have to run more aggressive fan curves to get the extra heat out faster.

If a little fan noise does bother you, you'll be better served by the Asus card instead.
Some people are real sensitive about a little noise.

Mar 17, 2020
If you're sure you're ok with running higher fan curves, that is. Again, higher power use does equal more heat, so you will have to run more aggressive fan curves to get the extra heat out faster.

If a little fan noise does bother you, you'll be better served by the Asus card instead.
Some people are real sensitive about a little noise.
Nah idc bout sound. I just want best price to performance ratio

Physics would state that 2 fans remove heat slower than 3 fans on the same heat sink. It's about volume and rate of air flow.

2 fans have to work harder to maintain the same heat dissipation that 3 fans would as they move more air with the same heat sink.

3 fans don't have to reach the same RPM level to remove the same amount of heat as 2 fans.

3 fan gpu's tend to run at lower fan RPM's as opposed to 2 fan solutions.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Physics would state that 2 fans remove heat slower than 3 fans on the same heat sink. It's about volume and rate of air flow.

2 fans have to work harder to maintain the same heat dissipation that 3 fans would as they move more air with the same heat sink.

3 fans don't have to reach the same RPM level to remove the same amount of heat as 2 fans.

3 fan gpu's tend to run at lower fan RPM's as opposed to 2 fan solutions.
I suppose my card is an exception, with a max rpm of 3600...

HAH! I get it... "FANS" of "Loud Noises" XD

Sry...
Hey, I'm glad someone caught that!

Reactions: Replywithin