Question Which is the better storage setup

Jan 27, 2019
I can't make up my mind, should I choose
1. 250 GB SSD + 1TB HDD
or
2. 500 GB SSD and buy more storage later

I will use it to study about web development.

It totally depends on what you're going to do with that storage. Do you want all of your data to be quickly accessible, use a larger SSD. If you only care about Windows, some programs and maybe a game or two to start quickly, go for a smaller SSD as boot drive and a larger HDD for document storage. (option 1)

You could always choose to have important data stored on both drives, so one will act as a backup for the other.

Neither...? :)

Jump straight to an NVME 1 TB for only $109 with Intel's 660P....(you can add a 4 TB HGST storage drive later for $120)

If you intend to install any games such as BF1 or BF5, the 240-250 GB SSD just does not go very far any more...

(A 250 GB SSD is still plenty adequate for WIndows/Office/surfing, however!)

Jan 27, 2019
Neither...? :)

Jump straight to an NVME 1 TB for only $109 with Intel's 660P....(you can add a 4 TB HGST storage drive later for $120)

If you intend to install any games such as BF1 or BF5, the 240-250 GB SSD just does not go very far any more...

(A 250 GB SSD is still plenty adequate for WIndows/Office/surfing, however!)
Well, never thought of that, is nvme worth it? I'm not really heavy gamer. My purpose is to build PC for programming (web development).

TRENDING THREADS