Question Which Kingston RAM is the same as the HP Omen version

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
I need a little help here. Knowing that Hyper X was sold to HP last Summer I have been trying to determine which Kingston RAM NOW is equal to the HP Hyper X Fury DDr 4 (2666) 2666 16 GB (1X16) that is installed in the HP Omens. I did my research and purchased a Hyper X Fury 16 GB 2666 (2666) (1X16) RAM Part number HX426C16FB3A/16 and it IS NOT the same at all. The power I get from the HP version blew me away. This one does not. Which RAM is now the equvelant of that Omen RAM that Kingston used to provide for HP. Hp told me they bought the name HyperX but Kingston still has the RAM. BTW, I think it might be the beast as it has self OCing. But I am still not very sure on that as I was absolutely sure when I got this one and was seriously let down. And the Vengeance Pro IS NOT faster that this RAM because I have a set of them too! And I have gotten no satisfaction from 5 other sets I now have in a bowl of other useless bad purchases.

Just for reference: ASUS Prime Z390-A MB, EVGA RTX 3060 , EVGA 850, i7-8700

When I put the other RAM (my wife has the Omen that I used the RAM out of to check mine) in my machine I couldn't be touched.

Thanks!

Lutfij

Titan
Do the sticks that you'd sourced match up in both timings and voltages? I would advise on not mixing and matching sticks of ram since they will not be binned the same and they won't be coming off the same assembly line. Even the speed at which an IC cool's after being soldered onto the PCB can affect the inner working of the IC.

No ram will self overclock, you will need to tweak them in BIOS either manually inputting and fine tuning the rams or enabling X.M.P, either one needs to be done if X.M.P doesn't work or if manually inputting them doesn't work.

Fast ram is a culmination of having tight timings, really well binned IC's(read cherry picked), as well as having a platform that can take advantage of the tight latencies. Can you include an image of the ram sticks(stickered info as well) on the HP Omen that your wife has? Lastly, you have a Z series chipset board, why are you relegating yourself to DDR4-2666MHz when you can overclock the memory controller and get onboard DDR4-3200MHz rams?

JMF50

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2011
Dialogue, that's a good thing! When I talk to most of my friends about computers I just get the open mouth hanging astonishing look that says they would have any idea how to reply; then, I just continue fixing their guitars and amps!

Thanks for the reply BTW!

It is my understanding that starting from the i7-8700 the maximum supported memory for DDR3/DDR3L/DDR4 is 2666 Mhz. only. 3.2-4.6 turbo. With a TDP of 65w I know, I probably need a new CPU! Even an i5-9600K would be an upgrade. It's got the same socket and TDP of95w 3.7-5.0 turbo. but the i7-8700 is also fan fav. I got it out of a brand new POS Pavilion And built this PC around it, my first.
SO!

The Omen my wife has installed a HP26D4U6D8ME-16X (Top RAM in Pic.)
the new RAM without RGB is part# HX426C16FB3K2/16 (16 GB 2666 DDR4 1X16)
And with RGB as seen HX426C16FB3A/16 (bottom of pic)

Nothing is beating the top Item and it is out of stock if you can find the line item which gets transfered to the bottom 2 RAMS
They are all HyperX Fury's 2666 1X16 and they are not the same...at all.

And yes The Beast boasts that it will OC to the highest frequency allowed by that board. Maybe it doesn't during game play but that is how it is written.
So now Kingston has a Fury
a Fury Beast
and a Fury Renegade see what I mean!? Please God Kill Me! or Something...
I look forward to seeing what y'all can decifer b/c the top one blows the bottom two away!

Thanks for your interest!

PS How the Hell does one go about posting a jpg from their machine on this form?