Which laptop has the best cooling capabilities?

Jul 18, 2019
OK guys, I'm new here so hello everyone!

My friend asked me for advice. He wants to buy a laptop mainly for visualisation streaming and playing music on gigs. It can be hot out there so I'm wondering which laptop from the current era has the best cooling capabilities? Should we get a gaming laptop or maybe a mobile workstation? the budget is around 1000 bucks.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

britechguy

Prominent
Jul 2, 2019
What you need to be looking at, if you're really worried, is the maximum operating temperature for the CPU/APU in the machines you're considering.

I haven't had a machine, any machine, overheat in the entire time I've used computers since the early 1980s.

Modern processors are, by comparison to the early days, designed to have normal running temperatures that would have fried earlier generations. As a quick and dirty reference I use cpu-world.com.

Using my own laptop, and its A12-9700P APU as an example, it has a maximum operating temperature of 90° C. Even under the most demanding of conditions I've never come anywhere near to that temperature. There are many processors that are designed for 100° C or slightly higher. You could be gaming in the Sahara and, provided your fan was still functioning, probably not reach 100° C.

ASK THE COMMUNITY