Which laptop is better? ASUS ROG Strix G or ASUS TUF?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
First, let me start off with ASUS TUF. This laptop has AMD Ryzen CPUs in it. This laptop is good at streaming videos, since the CPU is Ryzen. Not only that, it has a decent webcam. But TUF does not have efficient cooling as ASUS ROG Strix G. The Strix G has better cooling, and better brightness in computers. Strix G is more appealing in design. Since Strix G is Intel, it performs well in games but pricey. The Ryzen versions of TUF laptops are cheaper. I mean, this is all I know. But do you guys have more knowledge? How reliable are each of these laptops?

not you

Distinguished
May 14, 2015
Similarly reliable
i have run into some problems with ryzen not being compatible with some programs
so on the same pricepoint i would go with intel but if ryzen is that much cheaper... its not terrible either

First, let me start off with ASUS TUF. This laptop has AMD Ryzen CPUs in it. This laptop is good at streaming videos, since the CPU is Ryzen. Not only that, it has a decent webcam. But TUF does not have efficient cooling as ASUS ROG Strix G. The Strix G has better cooling, and better brightness in computers. Strix G is more appealing in design. Since Strix G is Intel, it performs well in games but pricey. The Ryzen versions of TUF laptops are cheaper. I mean, this is all I know. But do you guys have more knowledge? How reliable are each of these laptops?

From what I read and my personal experience with the systems, I'd get the Strix model. My TUF 505 is very loud all the time when gaming and had a bad motherboard 7 months into using is. If I did not get the thing used 60% of new price I would not have gotten it but for the price and fact I needed a gaming grade laptop at the time it was worth it.

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
From what I read and my personal experience with the systems, I'd get the Strix model. My TUF 505 is very loud all the time when gaming and had a bad motherboard 7 months into using is. If I did not get the thing used 60% of new price I would not have gotten it but for the price and fact I needed a gaming grade laptop at the time it was worth it.
Is the Strix better? Especially with the motherboard?

krelidas_34

Honorable
Sep 23, 2018
I see less posts about issues from Strix than the TUF line. From what I have seen motherboard and heat issues are much more common with their TUF systems. And heat is a big contributor to system failure. Which is why I never recommend anyone get a thin gaming laptop.
Which gaming laptops do you reccommend? I think Samsung Odyssey is alright. This laptop's CPU adjusts its clock speed automatically, which avoids overheating. When running normal applications, the clock speed lowers to avoid overheating. It only increases when gaming. Same thing with the LG UltraGear, which is a thin gaming laptop that is only sold in South Korea (I live here). Unlike Samsung Odyssey, the UltraGear is equipped with Intel Core i7 U-series. Although it is not as powerful as the H-Series, it saves power consumption and less overheating.