Question which laptop should I buy(the gpu matters)

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
so if you looked at my previous threads you probably know that I have the worst laptop's in the whole of tom's hardware but I can't really do anything. My parents said they will buy me a new laptop for around 1 lakh(1342 us dollars)
and I did a lot of research and I found some laptops
1.Lenovo ideapad 3(ryzen 7 and gtx 1650)
2.Msi bravo 15(ryzen 7 and amd radeon 5500m)
3.asus zephrus g14 8gb ram(but manual upgrade)

All this doesn't exactly cost 1300 dollars(little less) but it is still good
So I want a laptop that never heats up and has no fan problems
something that is good for gaming
and the most important thing is the gpu for me
the laptop should be thin
So do you have any suggestions for me

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
I wonder what fan problems. The #1 I can think of is noise. When it comes to performance laptops, you can have heat, or you can have noise, but you can't have neither.
yeah when I said "fan problems" I meant noise but should I buy asus zephrus g14(8gb ram) and upgrade it 16gb ram manually?

Remeca

Reputable
what do you mean?m1 is a laptop that doesn't have noise right?
It also isn't a performance laptop. It isn't going to get as hot because it doesn't work as hard. It's easy to find passively cooled laptops, but there are huge tradeoffs in performance. As for ram, no need to upgrade right away. 8gb is perfectly acceptable, if you find later it is not, then you can worry about upgrading.

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
It also isn't a performance laptop. It isn't going to get as hot because it doesn't work as hard. It's easy to find passively cooled laptops, but there are huge tradeoffs in performance. As for ram, no need to upgrade right away. 8gb is perfectly acceptable, if you find later it is not, then you can worry about upgrading.
Hey ok thanks but is asus asus zephrus g14 good and is it cool?

chaoyang

Reputable
Oct 24, 2019
Hey ok thanks but is asus asus zephrus g14 good and is it cool?

From some of the varying specs I see, yes it's a good laptop for gaming. It will be fine for games such as GTA V (you mentioned in previous posts). Whether it will be cool or not would depend on how much stress will be put onto the laptop and how long you are playing the games.

Reactions: 9to5tech

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
[
From some of the varying specs I see, yes it's a good laptop for gaming. It will be fine for games such as GTA V (you mentioned in previous posts). Whether it will be cool or not would depend on how much stress will be put onto the laptop and how long you are playing the games.
ok thanks but can It run assasin's creed valhalla and cyberpunk 2077?