Which laptop should i buy the lenovo yoga 500(15,6 inch) or lenovo yoga 520(14 inch)?

Which one should i choose

• lenovo yoga 520

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
So my mom wanted to buy a laptop for my sister so she ask me to choose a laptop for her. And since i knew that my sister does animations and drawings i had decided to choose a 2 in 1 laptop since its touch screen and it can turn into a tablet. I had choose 2 of these laptops, the lenovo yoga 500 15isk (i5 6200u) and the lenovo yoga 520 14isk (i3 7100u), its quite hard for me to choose since the yoga 500 has a bigger screen and it has a more powerful cpu than the 520, but the 520 is more newer and it has a m2 slot for me to both use m2 ssd and HDD while the 500 does not have a m2 slot, both are the same price, have fhd display, ram upgradable and does have a HDD slot. In terms of weight the 15 inch is heavier of course but i think she really dont care much about the laptops weight since she always stay at home and doesnt go out much. Which one should i choose?

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
To be honest: Neither.

The panels for both of those laptops had poor colour reproduction - 59% sRGB - and are thus unsuitable for most types of graphics work.

There should be better choices, even if your budget is constrained.

Giant Hunger

Respectable
Jun 23, 2021
To be honest: Neither.

The panels for both of those laptops had poor colour reproduction - 59% sRGB - and are thus unsuitable for most types of graphics work.

There should be better choices, even if your budget is constrained.
I know that 2 of these laptops suck since my mom wanted to keep it a low budget but if you had no choice but to choose 2 of these laptops, which would you choose?

JWNoctis

Respectable
Jun 9, 2021
If you could find a Yoga 520-14IKB, that one had an active digitizer pen included when new. Those are much more useful for graphical art than the usual touchscreen pen without pressure sense - Just make sure it still comes with that pen, which also apparently needed an AAAA-size battery which is uncommon.

As for those two you've mentioned, none of them had any significant difference compared to the other. Get the cheaper one and put the rest of the budget towards a digitizer pen, if neither looked significantly worse for wear.

Reactions: Giant Hunger