which laptop to get for around $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

MorganR715

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Alright, so I'm trying to find a budget laptop that can play some games, none too intense, and I came across these.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834258271

And

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834257594

They seem to be solid setups for not too pricey. Out of those two, which would you pick? Are there any other laptops you might recommend? I won't be doing editing, just surfing, YouTube, and gaming. If anyone wants to tell me that I can't find a gaming laptop for this price range, I assure you, I've heard it before, I wish I could spend more, and I know I won't be playing BF4 on max settings any time soon, I'm used to the lowest settings on minecraft, so I assure you ill be pleased. Help me get the best bang for my buck! Thanks!

Solution
I would definitely go for the HP ENVY 15-j073cl. The other one I wouldn't even consider. The HD 4000 is not even close to being apt for gaming. The HP ENVY 15-j073cl also has 4 more GB of RAM, it's by far a better choice for what you say your needs are.

As for other laptops, I would take a look at Lenovos. They have a good selection for the price range and needs you listed.

norberto950

Honorable
Jun 7, 2012
I would definitely go for the HP ENVY 15-j073cl. The other one I wouldn't even consider. The HD 4000 is not even close to being apt for gaming. The HP ENVY 15-j073cl also has 4 more GB of RAM, it's by far a better choice for what you say your needs are.

As for other laptops, I would take a look at Lenovos. They have a good selection for the price range and needs you listed.

Solution

MorganR715

Reputable
Mar 21, 2014
Ok, well I hate to ask too many questions, but if I were to up the budget to around 650-700, do you think I could get one with maybe a dedicated gpu? Seems like tossing an extra 100-200 to it will get me a much better setup, and it might be worth biting the bullet to ensure I dont feel as restricted by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.