Which Laser Mice do not have horrible acceleration issues?

TronX33

Reputable
Feb 17, 2015
I am looking at getting the Corsair Vengeance M65, but I have heard that nowadays, all laser mice have acceleration. How bad is the M65's? If they are bad, what other mice would you reccomend? (Under 70 US dollars)

xcrossroadsx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2011
All laser mice have acceleration, this is a property of laser sensors in general. The M65's acceleration is not terrible, but if you are worried about any acceleration, take a look at any optical mice. The Razer Deathadder is a mouse within your price range that is generally regarded as superb.

its more of a personal choice and opinion rather than hard fact that mouse acceleration is an issue.

i've used mice with and without acceleration and mice with optical and laser sensors and can say that i've liked models from all of those areas.

i will say that one con of laser is that they can track while in the air so you need to be careful if you lift your mouse while gaming.

my current favorite mouse (and the one i've been using since 2010.. i'm on my second one) is the razer deathadder 3.5g which while optical does have acceleration built into it if i recall correctly. honestly i can game just as good as someone who has zero acceleration.

--

for gaming i would look at:

deathadder
kone
g502 proteus

i think the optical sensor will be a bit more forgiving for gaming and will take less getting used to which is why i listed the above. personally i worry less about acceleration but if you are worried about that then you can read more into it and get one without acceleration if you so prefer.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I'd recommend staying away from Corsair's peripherals due to concerns over durability, and their atrocious returns process.

I'm currently using the Corsair M95 and a K95 that I had to duct tape the cord down on. The cord failed within two months, causing an intermittent connection. Corsair refused my RMA because I hadn't kept the receipt, something that no other company has given me a hard time about for an RMA (typically it's only needed by the store and for returns only, not by the manufacturer for RMA).

They initially tried to say that it was so they could be sure it was within the warranty period, until I pointed out that the keyboard hadn't been on the market nearly long enough to be out of warranty. Then they told me it was because the warranties were non-transferrable and they had to make sure I was the original purchaser. When I asked them what would stop the hypothetical original purchaser from just handing me the receipt when he sold the keyboard, they had no satisfactory answer at all.

Corsair's refusal to service its products without a receipt is just a way to cut down on the number of claims they have to pay out. Oh, and if they do accept your claim, they charge you $20 and shipping.

Buy from a company that will stand by its products instead of looking for excuses to not have to. It shouldn't be an uphill battle to get a replacement for a top of the line, two month old keyboard.

dwnelson

Reputable
Nov 15, 2014
The two best gaming mice are currently the
Logitech G502 Proteus Core
Logitech G303 Daedalus Apex

They use the best sensor on the market PMW3366
DPI 12,000
Tracking Speed in/sec 300
Acceleration (G) 40