Question Which liquid AIO is better?

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
Hi, I'm thinking about getting one of these liquid AIOs. Either the Deepcool Castle 360EX or the Corsair H100i RBG Platinum. I know the Deepcool Castle is a 360mm and the Corsair H100i is a 240mm, but is their a huge differnce in cooling proformance? Also I have enough space to fit bother coolers in my case.

jon96789

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Normally, a 360mm cooler will be quieter than the 240. The fans will run at a slower speed to keep the same temps because the cooler has a larger area to disperse the heat... The size primarily helps when the CPU temps are very high and the larger cooler can disperse more heat.

The Floe Riing is a good cooler. I'm not a fan of Thermaltake products in general aside from a few of their cases, but it is a good performer. I have reservations about pump longevity because I've seen a few people with these coolers that had early pump failures but that's probably possible with any of these coolers, and I have just happened to come across a few of these in a relatively short time span.

If you want the best flat out thermals, where looks and noise levels are of no concern, then the EVGA CLC 360 is hands down the best performer, but it is extremely loud at full speed. Fortunately, that can be tamed in two ways. Replacing the fans with much quieter Noctua iPPC NF-F12 black fans nets you nearly 4mm H20 static pressure and 71CFM per fan at only 34.5db for total cumulative noise level of three fans running 29.7db at max fan speed. Much quieter than the 60db of that cooler with the stock EVGA fans.

I don't use an AIO cooler. I have a Noctua air cooler, the NH-U14S with push-pull NF-A14 chromax.black.swap fans on it and a chromax heatsink cover. This is on my 6700k overclocked to 4.6Ghz. It would work fine for your CPU as well, if you don't already have your heart set on a water cooled setup.

XowwM9k.jpg

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
I know they do. I was thinking about getting the Deepcool Castle 360EX WH, but I really like the way Corsair AIOs look. I'm gonna wait until black Friday to see which one I should get. The Deepcool 360EX is gonna be $30 off on black friday but I don't really like the way it looks. Do you have any recommendations on which AIO I should get?

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I assume we're limiting this conversation only to AIO liquid cooling, correct?

You do know that nearly ever tech site offers reviews of these coolers compared with others, right? Including Tom's Hardware? Tested and written by me, here, on Tom's Hardware?

So, in reading your thread topic, first post and the last post, is this actually about 'the best cooler' or 'the one you like the most in how it looks'?

Reactions: TJ Hooker
A couple of option dependant on cost. The Corsair H150i Pro 360mm is very solid and very quiet due to the Mag Lev fans though it is a bit on the costly side but high quality all around and great cooling,

Second, the Arctic Freezer II 360mm has just been launched at a really good price and well under a $100. Though it does not have RGB it is just stellar on the cooling front with a much thicker radiator at 38mm versus all others at 28mm. This AIO is well worth a look...

Here is the Tom's review of the 280mm version.
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html

Edit NightHawkRMX makes a great point on the hardware in terms of CPU but I always go for the biggest I can fit in my case as I tend to overclock a lot...

Last edited:

W01F51

Commendable
May 6, 2019
A couple of option dependant on cost. The Corsair H150i Pro 360mm is very solid and very quiet due to the Mag Lev fans though it is a bit on the costly side but high quality all around and great cooling,

Second, the Arctic Freezer II 360mm has just been launched at a really good price and well under a $100. Though it does not have RGB it is just stellar on the cooling front with a much thicker radiator at 38mm versus all others at 28mm. This AIO is well worth a look...

Here is the Tom's review of the 280mm version.
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/arctic-liquid-freezer-ii-280-all-in-one-cpu-cooler,6376.html
Do you have the link? I can't find the arctic freezer 2 360mm.

TRENDING THREADS