Oct 5, 2019
I am willing to build a rig with 2x4 gb Kingston hyper x fury, a 1060 , r5 3600 and a Corsair rm650w. I haven't yet decided which motherboard I'd put in that build. I'm kind of on a budget so I was thinking of something below 120$ would do wonders. Also, except for the 1060(as i already bought it) do you think I should change something in the rig? All comments and opinions are welcome. Thank you in advance!

Solution
I am willing to build a rig with 2x4 gb Kingston hyper x fury, a 1060 , r5 3600 and a Corsair rm650w. I haven't yet decided which motherboard I'd put in that build. I'm kind of on a budget so I was thinking of something below 120$ would do wonders. Also, except for the 1060(as i already bought it) do you think I should change something in the rig? All comments and opinions are welcome. Thank you in advance!

Look for B450 'Max' motherboards- the max is important as it means it's been updated to support the Ryzen 3000 series cpu. The "MSI B450 Tomahawk Max" has a lot strong reviews as it's got a good VRM so can cope with pretty much any of the new cpu's (even the 12 core) if you ever wanted to upgrade and isn't too...

Look for B450 'Max' motherboards- the max is important as it means it's been updated to support the Ryzen 3000 series cpu. The "MSI B450 Tomahawk Max" has a lot strong reviews as it's got a good VRM so can cope with pretty much any of the new cpu's (even the 12 core) if you ever wanted to upgrade and isn't too expensive.

Older boards can also run the 3600 (e.g. B350 or B450 non Max boards) however they will need to have a bios update first so makes it a bit trickier if you don't already have an older Ryzen cpu.

Solution
Oct 5, 2019
Look for B450 'Max' motherboards- the max is important as it means it's been updated to support the Ryzen 3000 series cpu. The "MSI B450 Tomahawk Max" has a lot strong reviews as it's got a good VRM so can cope with pretty much any of the new cpu's (even the 12 core) if you ever wanted to upgrade and isn't too expensive.

Older boards can also run the 3600 (e.g. B350 or B450 non Max boards) however they will need to have a bios update first so makes it a bit trickier if you don't already have an older Ryzen cpu.

What about the Gigabyte b450 aorus elite?

What about the Gigabyte b450 aorus elite?

That looks like a good board....

If you look at the CPU support list for the board (https://www.gigabyte.com/uk/Motherboard/B450-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-cpu )- the Ryzen 3000 series CPU's are supported with an updated bios. That means it's likely the board wont support a 3600 out of the box- you would need an older CPU installed first, then update the bios before putting in the 3600.,,,

That said, when you buy the board most decent computer vendors will update the board for you- provided you ask them to with the order. In terms of specifications it looks fine for the job, just make sure you get it updated first.

TRENDING THREADS