Which manufacturer should i get?

zfuture

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
K, I am getting an ATI for sure now. Should I get ATI Radeon, ATI All-In-Wonder, or Sapphire?

Which one meets ATI standards more closely, which ones are better?

I also heard that most sapphires are OEM...

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by zfuture on 08/08/03 01:28 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

Nights_L

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2003
Get the one built by ATI IF you have extra cash, otherwise, I think Sapphire should be fine, I'm using a Sapphire 8500LE, it works perfectly
All-In-Wonder? depends, why do you need this? if you are not going to need it, don't buy it, it costs you more

G

It all depends on your budget.
The 8500LE is equivilant to the GeForce 3 Ti500 of 2001 and is cheap as a result. Of course the age means that it won't cope for very long.

For the max performance (and cost), any model of a Radeob 9700 or 9800 PRO would be immense. This card would also be future proof beacuse of the special GPU features and DirectX 9 support.

I think there is a 9700 all in wonder, but the most cost effective is the 9000 Pro All in wonder. So you get ample graphics power from the Radeon 9000 Pro chip, and all the features as well. Again, DX9 support is provided.

I think the big thing about choosing a manufacturer is not the name, but what they are willing to bundle with the card (e.g. S-video cables). But always check, because particularly with Nvidia cards, some manufacturers tend to either boost or lower there product in comparision to the original reference specifications.

Hercules, Saphire, Gigabyte and Connect 3D are the best known ATI manufacturers with a choice of products.

I know for sure the Connect 3D All In Wonder 9000 Pro AGP costs only £142 inc. VAT. This card is good for its features, connectivity, DX9 support and OK gaming.

I can't see what you have against Nvidia though. I just upgraded a GF3 Ti200 to a GF4 Ti4800SE and its bril, but Nvidia's entire range lacks the connectivity of the ATI All in wonder cards unless you find a special model with Video In and Video Out (VIVO).

Hope this will help, John.

Unit01

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2002
9600 All in wonder will be released soon. So if you want a all in wonder card that would be the one to get ;)
But otherwise just get a 9700pro or regular. Brand isn't that important :|

Wooba Wooba

G

Sorry for the mistake, i was getting it confuesd with the 9200 card.

John.

"...and so i put another round in that person... and he didn't move no more." - US Soldier

"Stars aren't any good unless they shine." - Derek Lemon

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
The 9200 dosn't support DX9 either dude. Read up. ATI dosn't have DX9 in their low end, only nVidia does (like it matters).

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

G

Boy, i need galsses, i said 9200, and i was reading an article on a 9600. Sorry again mate.

"...and so i put another round in that person... and he didn't move no more." - US Soldier

"Stars aren't any good unless they shine." - Derek Lemon