Which material makes the best mousepad

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
I have used a lot of $1 mousepads but after a few weeks or months of use I think it becomes difficult to use. The mouse is still this one but I've replaced a number of mousepads in a year, is it just normal that a $1 mousepad expires quickly and which material or mousepad would you recommend??

Ralston18

Titan
What specific problems are occurring when you state "it becomes difficult to use"?

What make and model mouse are you using?

Mouse pads: what products have you used/tried?

Overall, the standard cliché "you pay for what you get" is applicable".

brannsiu

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2013
What specific problems are occurring when you state "it becomes difficult to use"?

What make and model mouse are you using?

Mouse pads: what products have you used/tried?

Overall, the standard cliché "you pay for what you get" is applicable".

Hi . The mouse is a wireless one by Microsoft. I am not native English speaker I mean
hard to control the mouse on the pad but it works fine after replacement of new mousepadd but the mousepad doesn't look defected or dirty

Ralston18

Titan
The appearance of the mouse pad is less important than the actual surface/material of the mouse pad.

If the mouse is controllable when the mouse pad is new that is good.

If the mouse becomes less controllable as the mouse pad ages or wears down then the mouse pad is the problem.

A $1 mouse pad is probably made out of almost anything and likely to start falling apart with time even if the mouse is not used.

In any case you have choices:

Are you sure that you even need a mouse pad? Any smooth surface should work.

Treat the $1 mouse pads as expendable and replace when mouse control becomes a problem.

Or purchase another brand mouse pad that may cost a bit more but may (no guarantees) last longer. Maybe a mouse pad that is thicker or heavier or made of different materials. Ask family and friends - good chance that someone may have an extra mouse pad that is not being used. Try it.

Also: Be sure to check the laser light on the underside of the mouse. Ensure that it is clean and not blocked in some manner. Remember to change the batteries in the mouse. Batteries should last quite awhile but once weakening then performance/mouse control will falter as well.