Which mechanical keyboard to buy ?

GreaK213

Commendable
May 3, 2016
Hello. I'm soon going to buy a mechanical keyboard because mine lasted 4-5 good years but I need an upgrade from membrane keys to mechanical brown switches :D. I mainly play but I also like to type and work on this PC so brown switches are a little balance between red and blue (I guess ?) but the thing is, I don't know which keyboard to buy. There's so much choice but I want one that looks good like the new corsair k95 platinum but something that's reliable.. I've seen some reviews on amazon about the new corsair and many people have issues like keys dying, leds dying or keys not working and many people simply love the keyboard. It's making me hesitate so much that I'm really doubting now. I've seen other keyboards (I really don't want razer, please) and I would need some help.

Thanks in advance,
Aleks.

OneFIshSunfish

Reputable
Nov 4, 2014
I have a k70 RGB. It's served me well, but some people have reported key chatter. I don't know where you reside, but where I live, the Best Buy has display units of all the major mechanical keyboards marketed towards gamers. You'll get to feel the difference between browns and reds etc. I would recommend going down there and getting a hands on feel (just bring some hand sanitizer) .

GreaK213

Commendable
May 3, 2016

I don't have a store near my house so yeah I have to order it on internet. I've heard sound tests and read many things about red and brown and I think I'll take brown because it has a slight click and it takes more to activate the key unlike the MX Speed or MX Red switches which are really responsive indeed but aren't that good for typing as you can makes a lot of mistakes. The thing is I'm really not sure about which keyboard to buy, I've seen many people complain about the K95 Platinum's LEDs dying or keys simply not working and I scared of also getting a defective unit for a product that costs.. 200 DOLLARS!! You get my point ?

GreaK213

Commendable
May 3, 2016

I'm not sure yet, I think I'll take a risk and get the new K95 since some people are amazed by it and some are just frustrated but otherwise I'll maybe take the Cooler Master Masterkeys pro L, seems like a good one but there's no layout for my country in MX Browns... that's what makes me hesitate now .. :l

TRENDING THREADS