Which memory with this board?

tlmck

Distinguished
IMO GSkill=Crap. Although it seems very popular with the over caffeinated teenagers on these forums. I personally gave it 2 chances and it failed both times, so it receives a lifetime ban from me. I also read many more negative than positive posts about it.

I stick with the brands I mentioned above. Never had an issue with any of them.

GSKill is also not on the Gigabyte approved memory list would be reason enough for me to stay away.

chuckm

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2007
Are you going to overclock? If so you will probably get better results with 800, if not 667 will work also.
I'd go with one listed on the above list that was posted.

Manic9803

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2007
I'm a newb to over clocking. I would like too would you guys be able to assist if I chose too?

Will Crucials Ballistix DDr2 800 work with over clocking? If so I had alot of ppl tell me that brand. I may purchase that!

tlmck

Distinguished
Crucial Ballistix DDR2 800 would be an excellent choice.

You would get more help on OCing over in the OCing forum section. Some good folks over there who know their stuff.

systemlord

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2006

I can either run my Crucial Ballistix at 3-3-3-8 800MHz @ 2.2v or 5-5-5-15 1200MHz @ 2.2v. Micron owns Crucial (same company) and makes all the memory chips that go on almost all Ram sold today weather it be OCZ, Corsair etc...

If you need help overclocking this is the best place to let us help you overclock, under the OC'ing section.