which minimum processor is required for Asus Strix GTX 970 GPU ?????

Solution
You would definitely need a cpu for your new x99 mobo. You can still game on the integrated graphics of an i7-5820k.

If you could return the mobo and ddr4 ram, do that. Unless you're doing several intensive tasks on a tight deadline and budget is not an issue, you would not need such powerfull cpu. DDR4 ram advantages over ddr3 doesn't justify the premium you pay for it, and the $ saved can be used for other components where performance will be more noticeable.

hamzahfelix

Distinguished
1. To take advantage of a high-end gpu such as a gtx 970, an i5 would be ideal. But, a fx 6300 or an i3 would be able to do a fine enough job if you're on a tight budget.
2. For RAM, the minimum for gaming is 8GB.
3. The mobo compatibility would be with the cpu, not with the gpu.

Jun 24, 2015
i have Asus x99-deluxe mobo with ddr4 8gb ram just. processor i7-5820k will buy in december.....@!!!!

my current mobo is DG41-Rq ddr2 3gb ram, dual core processor 2.66ghz.......!!!!!!
my old 660gt GPU is sold out. but now i need Graphics card for playing games in another situation i love Asus STRIX GTX 970. please guide me what should i do.....!!!!!
should i bought core i7-5820k first ( OR )
should i bought ASUS STRIX GTX 970 now.....!!!!
I will be thanks full to you all guys.....!!!!

hamzahfelix

Distinguished
You would definitely need a cpu for your new x99 mobo. You can still game on the integrated graphics of an i7-5820k.

If you could return the mobo and ddr4 ram, do that. Unless you're doing several intensive tasks on a tight deadline and budget is not an issue, you would not need such powerfull cpu. DDR4 ram advantages over ddr3 doesn't justify the premium you pay for it, and the $ saved can be used for other components where performance will be more noticeable.

Solution

X99 does not have intergrated graphics... Hence no graphic ports on the mobo...