Which MOBO do you recommend?

RonnieNiner

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Hey all!

I'm getting a 8700k so I'm wondering which MOBO I should get.

I really want it to be MSI, because I have MSI parts, I'd like to stick to two brand.

I've been thinking of either the Z390 EDGE or Z370 Gaming M5. Maybe z390 Pro Carbon.

Which one would suit me better if I want to Overclock? I like quiet and cool PC's. Look wise I like the Gaming Plus, M5 and Edge. The Carbon is white-ish.

Rest of build:
MSI 1080ti Gaming X
Corsair 2x8GB 3000MHz
Corsair RM850X
2x120GB Sata3 SSDs (one is M.2)
2Tb SSHD
Phanteks P400s case

If any of the features (spec or RGB) on the z390s appeal over the z370, or if you plan to upgrade to i9, then it's the z390. There's really not much in the way of differences for most users though - https://tinyurl.com/ybyju5ts

(Compared with AC versions; couldn't see non-AC in MSI listings)

As far as I know, they all overclock the same. For me, the priorities would be features, pcb layout, price, and colour / RGB last (not interested in mobo looks and lighting personally). The features, and layouts are very similar, so...price.

RonnieNiner

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for your answer!

Honestly, the 9700k is literally 20$ more here than a 8700k so it's tempting. I'm not sure what to pick.

I want to be able to OC, and thats kinda it. I'll pick functionality over looks for sure but I do have a red and black build. Cant decide between 8700k, 8086k and 9700k either. Same price literally.

If an M5 and a Gaming Plus OC the same, I might as well save that 30$.

Love to see a Cliff Burton fan here!

RonnieNiner

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
I like overclocking, it's more of an OCD thing (I keep my builds for a long time and my last resort is OC when it comes down to that ^^.)

I will play BFV a lot, so I guess multiple cores are welcome, however, all I do is competitive gaming and Music Production.

I'm thinking either Pro Carbon.. (dont like the looks), Gaming Plus and Edge.. I wish I could afford the ACE. The one that has a better OC capability wins. I can't believe they discontinued the M series.

So the question is.. is Pro Carbon better for OCing 9700k than Gaming Plus? What about EDGE?

That live video made me pick up the bass guitar!

TRENDING THREADS