Which Mobo for AMD FX-8350

Bolcien

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Solution
What is your old MB? maybe overheat to cause that video problem. Or maybe something else, like the Chrome Browser, do you try other browser, like firefox to see you get the same problem or not.

And get the Asus 970 Pro or either fx 8320 or fx 8350.
You may rethink your new PC.
1) Do you use AMD system only?
2) What budget do you have?
3) Can you oc the 1100T with your old MB?

Because the 1100T is still good cpu for games, here is CPU Benchmarks from anandtech.com http://www.anandtech.com/bench/product/697?vs=203 And the fx8350 is old cpu, but if you have to buy the fx cpu, then I recommend to buy the fx8320 and the Asus 970 Pro.

If you don't mind to use amd or intel cpu, I recommend to buy the newer skylate intel cpu, like the i3 6100. If you have the budget then buy the i5. Here is review http://www.techspot.com/review/1087-best-value-desktop-cpu/

Bolcien

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Here is what else will be going into the system, as I am cannibalizing the Phenom build.
GPU: (kinda new-ish) EVGA SC GTX 970.
RAM: (old) 4x4GB Corsair Vengeance. 1600 MHz
Cooler: (old) Possibly the Corsair H70.
PSU: (New) Corsair RMx 850W
Case: (New) Cooler Master HAF XB EVO
SSD: (old) ADATA SP920 256GB

As for the questions.
1. Yes I want AMD
2. budget is no more than 200 per component as I am buying them one at a time
3. I haven't really OC'ed it, I did at one point but I'm just not proficient at Oc'ing... yet. but yes the mobo supports OC

I've heard that the 8350 has heating issues, which is why I'm reusing my liquid cooler system.

Reason I"m looking for updating is that I"m having issues with windows 10, (and 7) with studdering especially in chrome, I open a new tab while watching the video and the video studders and jumps like mad. and when I minimize the browser I see my CPU usage Jump only to 30% usage.

What is your old MB? maybe overheat to cause that video problem. Or maybe something else, like the Chrome Browser, do you try other browser, like firefox to see you get the same problem or not.

And get the Asus 970 Pro or either fx 8320 or fx 8350.

Solution

Bolcien

Commendable
May 12, 2016
the mother board is: ASUS M4A79XTD EVO AMD 790X Socket AM3 Motherboard https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M4A79XTD_EVO/

I bought the system as a kit back in 2011 and it's been running since then. I just recently cleaned out the system to get the idle temps back down. At complete idle it sits at 24C, under youtube and browser use its at 29-32C depending, gaming it goes up to 37-41C (Moderately modded skyrim and lightly modded fallout 4 usually).

It just drops down FPS in games, major youtube studdering when opening another tab, even in VLC when watching a downloaded video randomly the cores kicks up 30% or more usage for 10-30 seconds and then come back down. I have a feeling it might be my anti-virus (avast internet security 2016).

Bolcien

Commendable
May 12, 2016
Problem is the random drops started a month or two now ago and not sure why or how. maybe I'll keep a closer eye on the task manager see what it shows when I get dips in FPS and jitters.