Question Which Mobo for Ryzen 5 5600x Music production PC Build?

CaptPmo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Hello......Looking for suggestions for a motherboard for a Ryzen 5 5600x for music production. I don't have the cpu just gonna purchase all other parts until its available. I will be running Reason and Studio One 5.
I would like to support 3 monitors. USB-C isn't a must nor is wifi-6 as I will be connected by ethernet .
Not really a gamer but I have no problems with RBG lights and such...
My audio interface will be USB
Suggestions appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Hello......Looking for suggestions for a motherboard for a Ryzen 5 5600x for music production. I don't have the cpu just gonna purchase all other parts until its available. I will be running Reason and Studio One 5.
I would like to support 3 monitors. USB-C isn't a must nor is wifi-6 as I will be connected by ethernet .
Not really a gamer but I have no problems with RBG lights and such...
My audio interface will be USB
Suggestions appreciated...

Thanks in advance
A B550 chipset would be the Mobo I'll recommend however before that i need to know the budget and form factor. And in my opinion if possible go with a higher core count CPU especially because 3 monitors and multi-tasking is what you want to do.

CaptPmo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
A B550 chipset would be the Mobo I'll recommend however before that i need to know the budget and form factor. And in my opinion if possible go with a higher core count CPU especially because 3 monitors and multi-tasking is what you want to do.
Hello again...been a while...About to purchase the AMD 5600x..still looking for MOBO suggestions for Music production....I will be using an ATX form factor...and budget is mid-range ($1200-1500)
Hope you are still around!!!
Thanks

CaptPmo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
That Tomahawk is pretty good. Tier S VRM's.

I would recommend a 5800X for audio production. Not that the 5600X is bad or anything but you're gonna like the extra 2 cores.

Should be able to fit that in the 1200-1500 budget.
Hello....Decided to go with the Ryzen 7 3700x........For music production......Mobo suggestions???

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Asus Tuf gaming B550, MSI MAG B550 Torpedo or MSI B550 A-Pro. Excellent mid-range mobo's that out-perform and have as many bells and whistles as low end X570 mobo's and won't break the bank.

For music production, be careful of case choice. Even using a good set of noise canceling headphones, the last thing you'll want is a freight train for cooling solution, so over-sized cooling is almost a must.

Big air is fine, a Noctua NH-D15S or beQuiet Darkrock Pro 4 or similar, or a good 280mm AIO is suggested. Which often don't fit in many cases, or those cases have such abysmal airflow that case temps naturally demand higher fan speeds, more noise.

And I'd not bother spending extra for rgb unicorn puke, bright flashy pulsing lights tend to break concentration. 🦄👀

Oh, and you will need a gpu of some sort, one large enough to cover the resolution total of the 3 monitors.

CaptPmo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
Asus Tuf gaming B550, MSI MAG B550 Torpedo or MSI B550 A-Pro. Excellent mid-range mobo's that out-perform and have as many bells and whistles as low end X570 mobo's and won't break the bank.

For music production, be careful of case choice. Even using a good set of noise canceling headphones, the last thing you'll want is a freight train for cooling solution, so over-sized cooling is almost a must.

Big air is fine, a Noctua NH-D15S or beQuiet Darkrock Pro 4 or similar, or a good 280mm AIO is suggested. Which often don't fit in many cases, or those cases have such abysmal airflow that case temps naturally demand higher fan speeds, more noise.

And I'd not bother spending extra for rgb unicorn puke, bright flashy pulsing lights tend to break concentration. 🦄👀

Oh, and you will need a gpu of some sort, one large enough to cover the resolution total of the 3 monitors.
Thanks for the suggestions....I will look into these!! Will these mobos work for the 5600x as well as 3700x??? Just curious because a 5600x may be available for purchase now!!!
Thanks

CaptPmo

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2011
They'll work with all 3000/5000 series cpus.
Thanks for the assist Karadjgne!!! Decided to go with Ryzen 5 5600x..due to it being available instead of 7 3700x!! Most current!! First new build in 10 years!! Going to run Studio One 5 and Reason 11...Lots of plugins!! Open for any other suggestions.... Thanks