Question Which mobo should I choose for best value/perf between these 2 z790 boards?

Jul 11, 2023
I am in between Gigabytes z790 Aorus Elite x Wifi 7 and MSI Z790 Tomahawk Max Wifi 7.

As of today they are same price and so far have the same features. Which should I go for, i will put the 14700k and 32gb 7200mhz cl34 in this mobo. I plan, for fun, to oc the ram and cpu on the side.
Please help me choose/provide your input. Thank you!!

Solution
I am in between Gigabytes z790 Aorus Elite x Wifi 7 and MSI Z790 Tomahawk Max Wifi 7.

As of today they are same price and so far have the same features. Which should I go for, i will put the 14700k and 32gb 7200mhz cl34 in this mobo. I plan, for fun, to oc the ram and cpu on the side.
personally if you don't want to be diagnosing your motherboard go for the gigabyte. msi boards are always plagued with buggy hardware probly about 70 percent of questions i answer on here are msi related board issues.
Jul 11, 2023
The Gigabyte would be one I'd get if you're going off of power phases, it has one more phase than the MSI board. Though, if both boards are priced the same today, which board was priced higher prior to today?
i believe they were the same for a while, how ever a new issue has occurred. Someone on reddit said the following and idk if this will cause me issues or not "I would personally avoid the Tomahawk Max. LGA 1700 CPUs have 4 lanes of PCIe 4.0 that should run to an M.2 slot. That's the only Z790 mobo I've seen where those 4 lanes just don't run to anything on the board. Its only CPU connected M.2 slot shares lanes with the top PCIe slot."

personally if you don't want to be diagnosing your motherboard go for the gigabyte. msi boards are always plagued with buggy hardware probly about 70 percent of questions i answer on here are msi related board issues.

Solution
Jul 11, 2023
that seems to be the advice im getting on several platforms, gigabyte it is. Thank you

TRENDING THREADS