[SOLVED] which mobo would be better?

Hello everyone today well cleaning out my step dad's closest, I found one of my older mobo's that I thought I sold.
Now that I found it though I'm debating on upgrading my little brother from my oldest system to a newer I think system...
He has my old Asus 990fx sabertooth with a fx 8350 be oc'd to 4.5GHz liquid cooled.

But would it benefit him if I switched it out to my old asrock z68 extreme 4? It's able to use up to a 3rg gen i7 lga1155 if I remember correctly

If you can get a i7 3770 then yeah it would run circles around the FX for gaming.
thank you that was my thought to :) i have one laying around somewhere i know this for a fact because that's what was in it originally and if i have the board i still have the cpu i always sell them together or if i sell one i will give the other one away with it so the cpu is somewhere around here. thank you for the response.

P.S.
to answer the question in the back of your heads. i hate being the person that has a mobo and no cpu to use it or having a cpu and no mobo to use it. and i know how everyone usually feels about it and i know how much cpus cost so i generally try to help people out if there first starting especially i will make sure they have the key things they need the last system i was taking apart i put back to gether and gave away for the price of the cpu because i felt bad for the kid his parents couldn't afford much and he wasn't able to play games with his friends who he moved away from so i helped as best i could