Which model of the GTX 780 is most recommended?

Wadely2134

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013
I have settled on what type of card I want, just confused by all the different brands of it. Is there one that stands out better than rest?

Solution
the ones that one 1 fan is mostly stock video cards that are made by nvidia and not by 3rd party the ones that have 2 or 3 fans those are 3rd party cards with way better coolers then stock nvidia cooler...i would strongly recommend to get the 3rd party cards as their coolers like i said is much better but dont get me wrong by saying 3rd party doesnt mean the graphics card is actually made by 3rd party its the coolers that are made by 3rd party the graphics card itself is still made by nvidia...like some people mentioned if you want the top notch 780 go with the GHz edition, MSI Lighting or EVGA Classified though there was a review that the best choice is either GHz edition or EVGA Classified...here you go you can read this...
Asus direct cuii, evga acx and MSI lightning edition are the ones that stand out. they are all pretty good, with the lightning being the fastest in most cases, but also more expensive. otherwise they don't really stand that far apart from each other and just go with the cheapest you can find

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
The order I'd go in is Gigabyte GHz edition, MSI Lightning, EVGA Classified. If you check some of the most recent reviews the gigabyte card stomps the rest of the non reference cards. About a month ago I was stuck on the same decision and only had those 3 mind and went with the gigabyte, I couldnt be happier. Two of my other friends bought MSI lightnings about a week before I bought mine, and my card OCs better ( could be silicon lottery, but the lightnings are supposed to be cherry picked GPUs anyway) runs cooler and quieter. I wouldn't have hesitated for a second to RMA the gigabyte card for a lightning or classified, had it not been so good, just so nobody thinks its a guy here putting his mouth where his money went =)

d4v0

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
I personally have the Gigabyte GTX 780 GHz Edition and that thing is a beast! It has better performance then a TITAN and does as good as a stock GTX 780 Ti but the ones mentioned above are also very good.

Wadely2134

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

d4v0

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013

No that is just the overclocked version not as good as the ghz edition but I mean if you going to overclock it you can match the ghz edition. The Gigabyte 780OC has the following spec Core Clock: 954MHz Boost Clock: 1006MHz and the GHz edition has this specs Core Clock: 1017MHz Boost Clock: 1071MHz...this is the one i am talking about
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125488 look wise they are the same just not spec wise

maxiim

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009

No it isnt, thats the OC version, you'll want the Ghz edition. Two biggest differences is that the Ghz is clocked higher out of the box and overclocks better and the main difference is that the ghz edition has a backplate, which the oc version you linked DOES NOT. The black shroud around the fans is metal, and without the backplate the cards sags a lot once its mounted as its quite heavy so if you decide to go gigabyte it should only be ghz edition. Cant find it on the site you linked but here it is on newegg for the same price.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125488

Wadely2134

Honorable
Sep 9, 2013

I do not plan to overlock or alter anything TBH. Which is why I am looking for the best option out of the box here.

On a side not here, why is that some of the cards have 2-3 fans on them and others do not appear to have any?

http://www.microcenter.com/search/search_results.aspx?Ntt=gtx+780&N=

d4v0

Honorable
Nov 29, 2013
the ones that one 1 fan is mostly stock video cards that are made by nvidia and not by 3rd party the ones that have 2 or 3 fans those are 3rd party cards with way better coolers then stock nvidia cooler...i would strongly recommend to get the 3rd party cards as their coolers like i said is much better but dont get me wrong by saying 3rd party doesnt mean the graphics card is actually made by 3rd party its the coolers that are made by 3rd party the graphics card itself is still made by nvidia...like some people mentioned if you want the top notch 780 go with the GHz edition, MSI Lighting or EVGA Classified though there was a review that the best choice is either GHz edition or EVGA Classified...here you go you can read this http://us.hardware.info/reviews/5002/three-super-fast-gtx-780s-evgas-classified-gigabytes-ghz-edition-and-msis-lightning

Solution