Question Which monitor for RTX 3070 Ti ?

Jun 1, 2021
Hello !
I'm looking forward to buying an RTX 3070 Ti to upgrade my PC. I'm currently running an RTX 2070 on a 1080p monitor which I'd also like to upgrade. The issue is, I dont know what to choose between a 1440p 144Hz or a 4K 60Hz monitor ? I'm playing a lot of solo games such as RDR2, Assassin's Creed, Horizon Zero Dawn, and graphics are really important to me, so naturally 4k seemed to be the choice to make. But the low frequency of 4k monitors got me thinking about getting a 1440p monitor (Like the Samsung Odyssey G5).

So my question is, for the type of game I'm playing, is 4k's lack of fluidity still worth it, or should I go for a good 1440p 144Hz monitor ?

(I apologize for my english, and thank you if you are able to help me!)

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1080p panels for a GPU either in the 2000 or 3000 series doesn't tax the GPU that much although you do get to tax the system with higher in-game eye candy/details. I'd say, don't invest in it just yet. The problem with tech is everyone starts pushing out marketing material and people tend to go buy it when in reality that particular tech might not even be mature enough to give you what you're looking for.

TLDR, did you get a hold of the RTX3070Ti yet?

Jun 1, 2021
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

1080p panels for a GPU either in the 2000 or 3000 series doesn't tax the GPU that much although you do get to tax the system with higher in-game eye candy/details. I'd say, don't invest in it just yet. The problem with tech is everyone starts pushing out marketing material and people tend to go buy it when in reality that particular tech might not even be mature enough to give you what you're looking for.

TLDR, did you get a hold of the RTX3070Ti yet?
Thanks for your answer, the 3070Ti will be for sale on the 10th, but I'm pretty sure to get one, even thought it's not perfected yet. I just wanted an advice about the best monitor to enjoy this GPU as much as possible, between a detailed 4K res or a high refresh rate.