ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hey everyone. Which of those two monitors has the best colours out of the box? Also can you recommend some good settings for both? I haven't got any of those monitors, I'm just asking because I'm planning to buy one of them but can't decide which one. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Solution
I would say the G2590PX is probably a better choice, it uses the 24.5" panel from AUO which is a fairly recent panel, better than the standard 24.0" TN panels that have been used for years (although the VG248QG may use a newer revision, I'm not sure).
Both are tn panels so dont expect the best colors. It depends on the panel they used. I have a tn asus monitor and even if i compare it with my second msi va monitor the colors are pretty good for a tn panel. Also the monitor you listed the asus is 165hz while acer is 144hz. I believe asus worth the extra 40 euros.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Both are tn panels so dont expect the best colors. It depends on the panel they used. I have a tn asus monitor and even if i compare it with my second msi va monitor the colors are pretty good for a tn panel. Also the monitor you listed the asus is 165hz while acer is 144hz. I believe asus worth the extra 40 euros.
Don't you have to overclock it to reach those 165hz though? If so, how can I overclock a monitor? Or is it 165hz without any overclocks?

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm looking to buy a 1080p 144hz G-Sync Compatible monitor 1ms response time and my budget is around 220-260€. I have found two very good ones(based on reviews), it's the acer xf240h and the aoc g2590px. I also found a monitor from asus that was released about 3 months ago, it's the vg248qg. The acer one costs about 250€ where I live, the aoc one costs 260 and the asus one costs 280€(I know that's above my budget but it's a new monitor and maybe it worths the extra 20€. Between those monitors I listed, which one do you think I should buy? Also you can put your recommendations below(please make sure the monitor is g-sync compatible and it's not 27 inches as that's a bit too big). Thanks in advance.

Aug 17, 2019
Hey. I'm looking for same spec monitor as you

I'm thinking about this one Asus VG258Q, but I will check yours now :)

Edit.
I think I will buy this one Asus VG258QR

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2019
Between those monitors I listed, which one do you think I should buy? Also you can put your recommendations below(please make sure the monitor is g-sync compatible and it's not 27 inches as that's a bit too big). Thanks in advance.

I don't know how I can you help you. Maybe there is no help.

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Between those monitors I listed, which one do you think I should buy? Also you can put your recommendations below(please make sure the monitor is g-sync compatible and it's not 27 inches as that's a bit too big). Thanks in advance.

I don't know how I can you help you. Maybe there is no help.
If you don't know how to help me, then don't write a reply 🙂

ProPlayerGR

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2016
Hello everyone. I'm on the market for a 1080p 144hz 1ms g sync compatible monitor. My budget is around 200-260€. I have found some monitors from these two brands, but based on history, which brand makes the better monitors? I'm between the Aoc G2590PX and the Asus VG248QG. When I say which is better, I mean better colours out of the box and better gaming experience. Thanks in advance.

I would say the G2590PX is probably a better choice, it uses the 24.5" panel from AUO which is a fairly recent panel, better than the standard 24.0" TN panels that have been used for years (although the VG248QG may use a newer revision, I'm not sure).

Solution

TRENDING THREADS