[SOLVED] Which monitor is better?

Ararauna

Commendable
Jan 27, 2021
I'm looking for monitors and I'd prefer a 19" with HDMI/DP as I have no DVI port, however there's only a few of them in stores, I'm thinking of:

• DELL E2020H that has a DP but no speakers,
  • Iiyama ProLite E2083HSD with 2x1W speakers, VGA/DVI, only DVI cable
  • AOC M2060PWDA2 with 2x2W speakers, VGA/DVI.

There are also two Philips monitors, but without speakers, one with VGA, 1600x900, other also with DVI, 1920x1080.
Of the 21" ones I think about AOC 22B2AM or Philips 223V7QHAB that both have 2x2W speakers and HDMI. Also it appears that the smaller ones have 60Hz refresh rate while these state 75Hz - do size and refresh rate correlate?
I do believe the sound quality wouldn't be very good but it'd be a nice addition nevertheless. Resolution isn't very important, I think 1600x900 would be good.

My question is if there would be a quality difference in games on 1600x900 or 1920x1080 between VGA cable, HDMI/DP-DVI cable, or a HDMI/DP to DVI adapter? And would the monitor speakers work if the monitor has only VGA/DVI ports?

Solution
And would the monitor speakers work if the monitor has only VGA/DVI ports?

The speakers usually have their own Audio-In port, so what Video port you are using is not important.

Having built-in speakers with your monitor can save you a lot of desk space, the only downside is that they only work when the monitor is on, when the monitor goes to energy saving mode the speakers also stop.
And would the monitor speakers work if the monitor has only VGA/DVI ports?

The speakers usually have their own Audio-In port, so what Video port you are using is not important.

Having built-in speakers with your monitor can save you a lot of desk space, the only downside is that they only work when the monitor is on, when the monitor goes to energy saving mode the speakers also stop.

Solution