[SOLVED] Which monitor of these 2 if any?

George3356

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Hi all!

I want to upgrade my 22" old 1080p monitor and I have 2 candidates:
https://www.alza.cz/32-samsung-c32hg70-d5088175.htm
https://www.alza.cz/32-samsung-c32jg56-d5652111.htm

The G70 is +/- 40€ more expensive than the G56... so not much of a difference. Should I pay the extra for it? Or is the difference marginal?

Or would You recommend a different monitor in the -+ 400€ price range?
(I am looking for 1440p, probably 144hz, 27-32", mostly for gaming but now also for excel work during the quarantine :D)

Thanks a lot!
George

Last edited:
Solution
It seems like a good monitor but it is not adjustable height... so I am still thinking about it + what YOu guys have mentioned...

On the other hand, the G70 I checked and it is VERY DEEP like 50cm is the stand... which makes it very huge on the desk so I will still consider.

The G70 is 38cm deep, the G56 is 24mm.
So yes, the stand on the G70 is deeper, but you also get height/tilt/swivel adjustments, so it's a tradeoff.

Regarding the freesync2 and HDR - will I really notice the difference?

If you've never used either, you're not going to "miss" it. But for ~10% more money, I think it's a poor decision to opt for the 56 - and I own the (equivalent) of the 56.

And in case I wont keep the G56 due to the height...

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
In a very simplistic sense, you're looking at FreeSync2 and HDR for ~40EUR... I would say that's worth it.

I have the CJG52 (I believe just a regional variant of the C32JG56 linked), and it's a very solid monitor for what it is - but for ~10% more, I'd opt for the C32HG70.

George3356

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
Hey guys! Thanks both for the opinions!

I just received the G56 today (I ordered it and if it doesnt work out I can still return it).

It seems like a good monitor but it is not adjustable height... so I am still thinking about it + what YOu guys have mentioned...

On the other hand, the G70 I checked and it is VERY DEEP like 50cm is the stand... which makes it very huge on the desk so I will still consider.

And in case I wont keep the G56 due to the height non-adjustement neither the G70, would You have any other tips in this price range? I would like to spend ideally 300€ approx., but I am willing to pay more if it makes sense.

Thanks a ton guys and take care in these tough times :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

So yes, the stand on the G70 is deeper, but you also get height/tilt/swivel adjustments, so it's a tradeoff.

If you've never used either, you're not going to "miss" it. But for ~10% more money, I think it's a poor decision to opt for the 56 - and I own the (equivalent) of the 56.

And in case I wont keep the G56 due to the height non-adjustement neither the G70, would You have any other tips in this price range? I would like to spend ideally 300€ approx., but I am willing to pay more if it makes sense.

Looking at the site you linked, the only real comparable that sticks to the same general pricepoint is the AG32CQ from MSI: https://www.alza.cz/31-5-msi-optix-ag32cq-d5358394.htm?o=3

There's surprisingly decent offerings available from the likes of VIOTEK or Sceptre in a lot of regions (VA panel, 1440p, ~32", 144Hz), but I don't see any on that site.

Solution

George3356

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016

Looking at the site you linked, the only real comparable that sticks to the same general pricepoint is the AG32CQ from MSI: https://www.alza.cz/31-5-msi-optix-ag32cq-d5358394.htm?o=3

There's surprisingly decent offerings available from the likes of VIOTEK or Sceptre in a lot of regions (VA panel, 1440p, ~32", 144Hz), but I don't see any on that site.

Hi again and thx for the opinions.

I think 38 deep I would be sitting 10cm away from it :) But I will consider it again! THX!

As for the MSI, I checked it, but in reviews people were moaning about the brightness that it is very dark at 250 cd/m2 - not sure about that.

And thx also for the feedback on the HDR etc., I think I might return this monitor and get the other one.

I will still have to consider - still not sure if get the Samsung or try something completely different. The VIOTEK and SCEPTRE arent available in my region at all I guess, never heard of it.

George3356

Reputable
Nov 18, 2016
I would suggest a Monitor Arm. You could deal with what you have for a little while till you can afford it. Not sure what the return policy is. Restocking fee, etc.

https://www.alza.cz/search.htm?exps=monitor arm

Hi thx for the suggestion, I will check it but I am not sure if I want to spend 80€ for example for that. Maybe I will just get a height adjustable monitor in the first place? :-/

TRENDING THREADS