Question Which Monitor should I buy?!

dfox79

Honorable
Nov 19, 2012
Hello, please help me decide guys because its more money to pay here and I am not sure what to do, I got three choices here to upgrade to for a Gaming Monitor, so the first one is the ASUS VG279Q the second is MSI Optix MAG27CQ and the third is MSI Optix MAG24C, the Asus one I have to buy from Newegg so it will cost me about 130 USD more on its price in shipping since I live in the Middle East but the other two MSI ones I can buy from my local stores which there will be no shipping chargers. I will try to round up the numbers here is US dollars so everyone can see a better picture, The Asus monitor will coast (which I will buy from newegg and shipped to my country) 460 $ in total, the MSI Optix MAG27CQ will coast 485 $ and the MSI Optix MAG24C will coast 262 $ both are from local dealers stores. I understand there are 1080p and 1440p monitors but 144hz refresh rate are common on all three and Freesync too which a needed features because I do competitive gaming (I do play fps games such as Battlefiled titles, CSGO, Apex legends and more), the IPS panel on the Asus is great since I do like to watch movies, anime and TV shows on my Desktop hence the VA panel in not that bad kind in the between the TN and IPS, so I will do put my system specs too for the bigger picture here to know what my system can handle as for the resolution deference from 1080p to 1440p I don't know will it worth the extra mile. Thanks in advance and appreciate the effort.

My Rig:
CPU AMD Ryzen 5 2600
MB Gigabyte B450 AORUS Elite
RAM 16GB DDR4 3200MHz
GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX 970 Gigabyte (to be upgraded in the future for RTX 2060 super or RTX 2070 or the 2070 super haven't decided on that yet..)
OS M.2 500G Samsung 970Evo Storage 2TB HDD Western Digital black
PSU EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3
My current Monitor is Asus VS248H-P 24inch

I don't do any overclocking to my system I let the auto boost do its job.

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS