Question Which monitor should I choose?

Razy1991

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
I have been looking to buy a 27 monitor with a resolution of 2K and a IPS panel. Compatible with G-sync or G-Sync directly.

The options that I have are...

Aorus AD27QD which is a FreeSync monitor but is compatible with G-Sync

Acer XB271HU

ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q

Which one would you choose and why?

Greetings.

Lutfij

Titan
What are the prices of all the monitors you've shortlisted and what is the make and model of your GPU that will drive that display? You also forgot to mention if the panels are meant for productivity or for gaming or an all rounder.

DEADLY9996

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2013
Well it has to have either G-Sync or be G-Sync Compatible, considering the OP knows the difference, i'd guess an Nvidia card from the 10 series atleast.

Since G-Sync or compatibility atleast is a factor, one could assume gaming will be one of the tasks it's used for.

..And wants IPS so half decent colours would be good, besides it not being that bad for gaming.

I've been tied between the Aorus & the PG279Q myself.

The input delay is either the same or better on the Aorus by about 0.0X (insert correct number here) and it's £144.22 cheaper. I'm not sure if a G-Sync monitor would still perform better, i have little info on that, but other than that it's pretty much on par with the PG279Q.

This is probably the biggest downer;
"Unfortunately, the AD27QD has bad black uniformity. There is noticeable backlight bleed and clouding throughout the screen."

Acer numbers seem consistently worse than both.

Since i'm saving, i have a chance to see what comes up over the next two month.