techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
I’m currently deciding between the ASUS PG279Q and the LG 27GL850. I don’t play many fast paced games but I think I can benefit from 144Hz. This isn’t a top priority but I want a monitor with good color accuracy as I’m starting to get into editing in Photoshop. Are there any important differences between the two? Does the lack of a “full” G Sync module make a difference? Which one do you recommend? Thanks!

Edit: Forgot to mention I have an Nvidia RTX 2060.

Solution
If you're looking for color accuracy you should be looking at Dell's UltraSharp series of monitors. Between those two you've listed, either would be good, for gaming, but for colors in terms of editing, I'd pick the Asus. The UltraSharp's from Dell do have a higher response time than both those monitors but their image quality and color accuracy are sought after in the creators field.

Lutfij

Titan
If you're looking for color accuracy you should be looking at Dell's UltraSharp series of monitors. Between those two you've listed, either would be good, for gaming, but for colors in terms of editing, I'd pick the Asus. The UltraSharp's from Dell do have a higher response time than both those monitors but their image quality and color accuracy are sought after in the creators field.

Solution

techflame700

Commendable
Nov 30, 2018
I have the Asus PG279Q and....LOVE IT!

Will never go back to TN or 1080p.

Downside of the Asus is that it's not calibrated. Otherwise it's great and the G-Sync is marvelous as the reviews all state.
Sorry for the late response. Does the lack of a hardware G Sync module on the GL850 make a difference? Or is it just branding?