Which monitor should i go with

Solution
PLS/IPS look almost the same, after testing it myself. Neither is 'better' then the other when it comes down to it, preference does.

However, the panels are similar but how they are calibrate is another. Samsung tend to do the best job at that, which would make the PLS display look arguably better then that of the IPS by Dell.

TN vs IPS is a major difference however, crispness, sharpness and overall image quality is noticeable better comparing the two.

kunal08soni

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

thanks for quick reply, but isn't PLS the samsung version of IPS?

kunal08soni

Honorable
Sep 29, 2012

one more question though, the Dell IPS one is glossy and i have no prior experience with glossy screens, so if I use the glossy screen monitor in a room with good lighting, will it affect the viewing experience and creates too much reflection off screen.

PLS/IPS look almost the same, after testing it myself. Neither is 'better' then the other when it comes down to it, preference does.

However, the panels are similar but how they are calibrate is another. Samsung tend to do the best job at that, which would make the PLS display look arguably better then that of the IPS by Dell.

TN vs IPS is a major difference however, crispness, sharpness and overall image quality is noticeable better comparing the two.

Solution