Question Which monitor to buy... for smooth movies and gaming. Currently i have BenQ PD2700Q 27-inch

Hi there i like to watch movies a lot in my PC i want nice vibrant colors and black should be black
and yes i play games too
when it comes to buy monitor its not easy as on shops its not on display....
right now i have BenQ PD2700Q 27-inch bought last year but i am not satisfied with it kind of....
as i notice when watching movies or you tube videos like camera is moving from top to bottom a shot taken from plane ?.. it does not shows smoothly its like watching on low FPS may be? i cant describe it. is it because its 60hz only? i am using the monitor with mini Display port cable.

can it be fixed? if not what are my other option ? in same price range
30,000 INR? max 450$

Lutfij

Titan
Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If we're to go by the specs listed in your sig space, please understand that the solution provided in this thread will become irrelevant to any other user in the same boat as you after you change the sig space's specs.

To that end, mind sharing how old your PSU is and perhaps explain in better detail what you're dealing with? It's possible you might need to change the drivers and you're good to go.

Please list your specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If we're to go by the specs listed in your sig space, please understand that the solution provided in this thread will become irrelevant to any other user in the same boat as you after you change the sig space's specs.

To that end, mind sharing how old your PSU is and perhaps explain in better detail what you're dealing with? It's possible you might need to change the drivers and you're good to go.
Well it's not the drivers as I have reinstalled windows many times.
Motherboard Asus strix z370f gaming
I5 8600k
MSI 1070ti titanium
Psu is also new it's 750 watt modular cooler master gold I am not able to remember the name properly.

Suppose I am watching a video on YouTube
Like earth view from space instead the earth movement is not smooth it's like pixel by pixel I can see.... Its hard to explain
You can only see the same in some scenes like watching a movie starring where it shows eagle view of state. ... Or road driving car stuffs like that

Apr 28, 2019
You choose , Have an 144hz or more , With TN Panel , 1ms , at a lower price and not the best colours
Or have an 144 hz or more , with IPS Panel , 4ms , at a higher price , but better colours ( i think there are ips panels with 1 ms .. but there are even pricier )

Best if u watch movies and game go with IPS Panels
If u just game ( and competitive games where speed matters ) go with TN Panels
If u watch just movies go with VA Panels ( they have the best black colour , but low response time ... idk about HZ or Price , i know that VA is often used in TV panels ..)

I currently Have an TN panel 144 hz 1ms .. was around at 280 euros.. and i'm very satisfied with it (AOC G2790PX)
Oh and yeah,.. that problem is caused by 60hz .. because when your monitor has just 60hz .. your gpu ( which is a very powerful one ) is giving more fps to the monitor than 60fps/hz .. and then the tearing appears .. ( the lines which are moving top to down )

Last edited:

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Your time bar wasn't smooth. Normally watching video, that red bar on my phone will be in fluid motion. For your vid it was jumping at just faster than once a second.

I'm not so sure it's a gpu/monitor issue, unless that was gpu rendered, more likely a driver issue where you have a slight conflict

Your time bar wasn't smooth. Normally watching video, that red bar on my phone will be in fluid motion. For your vid it was jumping at just faster than once a second.

I'm not so sure it's a gpu/monitor issue, unless that was gpu rendered, more likely a driver issue where you have a slight conflict
hmm
i have tried reinstalling the drivers
should i try HDMI port for some time and see if it has any issues in the same?

okay one more thing you got na what i was mentioning about my issue while watching movies and videos on youtube... its not smooth as it should be i dont even have the same issue on my old monitor it was cheaper then this it was 1080p@60hz
now its 2K@60hz..