[SOLVED] Which monitor to purchase?

Jul 9, 2021
Hello guys.
So I just bought my new pc and right now I have to buy new monitor and I really don't know what should I pick.
I will happy for some help to choose.

My Spec:
Intel i9-10900KF
Gigabyte Aorus RTX3080 Ti Master
32GB Ram 3600Mhz CL-18
Motherboard- ROG STRIX Z590-F GAMING WIFI

There is some screens I saw maybe one of theme will be perfect for me but I really don't know.
Samsung Odyssey G7 C27G75TQSM
Asus VG27AQ 27'' LED IPS
Gigabyte AORUS FI27Q-P
ViewSonic 27" IPS QHD ELITE
Gigabyte AORUS LCD 27" IPS QHD 240H

The list above is just some monitors that I saw I'm open for any offers.
Thanks for the helpers!

Solution
https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/best/by-usage/gaming

Usually my current trusted source. tftcentral.co.uk seems to have tapered off their reviews, always missing the panels I am interested in.

G7/G9 Odyssey was on the top of the list not too long ago as I recall. Seems some of rtings placements are for availability and not outright performance.

I recall doing an indepth look at the FI27Q-P because there were two variants around. Seems to no longer be the case. There is a now a FI27Q-X which is 240hz

I think at this time I would lean towards the Gigabyte since it is a decent 1440p panel and isn't too expensive. A lot of new features coming to monitors of late, and I think over-spending now will equal instant regret in a...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador

Usually my current trusted source. tftcentral.co.uk seems to have tapered off their reviews, always missing the panels I am interested in.

G7/G9 Odyssey was on the top of the list not too long ago as I recall. Seems some of rtings placements are for availability and not outright performance.

I recall doing an indepth look at the FI27Q-P because there were two variants around. Seems to no longer be the case. There is a now a FI27Q-X which is 240hz

I think at this time I would lean towards the Gigabyte since it is a decent 1440p panel and isn't too expensive. A lot of new features coming to monitors of late, and I think over-spending now will equal instant regret in a year or two.

Solution
Jul 9, 2021

I think at this time I would lean towards the Gigabyte since it is a decent 1440p panel and isn't too expensive. A lot of new features coming to monitors of late, and I think over-spending now will equal instant regret in a year or two.
Hey first thank you so much....
I have one more question...I have an option to get G7 with discount of 40 percent.
Now how the 240hz will effect my FPS in games?
and maybe or I should get FI27Q-P with lower HZ with less effect on my FPS?

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Hey first thank you so much....
I have one more question...I have an option to get G7 with discount of 40 percent.
Now how the 240hz will effect my FPS in games?
and maybe or I should get FI27Q-P with lower HZ with less effect on my FPS?

Frequency of the monitor won't effect your FPS, that relies entirely on your system performance.

Higher refresh just means you can display more FPS without screen tearing, and your reaction times in fast paced games become slightly better.