gremlin3378

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2015
I'm trying to decide which monitor to get. So far, I've narrowed my top 2 choices to the Benq SW2700PT and the Samsung Qled C27HG70. Let me know If their is a better option I haven't considered. I Plan on using the monitor for editing my photographs. I'm a student and don't plan on making prints just yet, but soon. I'm also studying 3D and stop motion animation. I don't know If the curved surface of the samsung would hinder my ability to make straight lines for animation work. My main concern though is that that of color accuracy. The Benq uses an IPS panel that covers 100% sRGB and 99% Adobe RGB color spaces. The Samsung on the other hand covers 125% of the sRGB color space and 80% of Adobe RGB. Their is no dedicated Adobe mode, but it does cover a large portion of the color space. The Samsung also has a 3000:1 static contrast ratio instead of the Benq 1000:1. I'm not certain as to whether that would make a significant difference for my purposes. I also plan to use the monitor for gaming. while 144hz is nice, it isn't necessary. so, my question is would the full adobe RGB coverage be worth the additional cost for my applications? Would my professional use be substantially hindered using a curved VA panel? Any insight on this issue would be greatly appreciated. I got my information regarding the samsung monitor from Rtings.com.

Solution
Maybe this, it covers 100% of the Adobe Spectrum which is the most important because others like sRGB are just a smaller piece of the adobe spectrum, which is why a monitor can have 125% of the spectrum.

Dell 27 UltraSharp Monitor with PremierColor UP2716D

Encryption+

Upstanding
Sep 26, 2019
Maybe this, it covers 100% of the Adobe Spectrum which is the most important because others like sRGB are just a smaller piece of the adobe spectrum, which is why a monitor can have 125% of the spectrum.

Dell 27 UltraSharp Monitor with PremierColor UP2716D

Solution