[SOLVED] Which Motherboard (and corresponding case) should I go for, a Gigabyte Aorus Master X570 or an Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)?

Feb 3, 2020
I am looking to build a PC later this year, and I want to pick out the parts I want early so I will be prepared (I've heard I should wait until later, but I want to finalize the components I will choose so I can watch their prices depreciate over this time period and purchase them for cheaper during Black Friday.) I am going for an AMD processor, and as such, I want to choose a good X570 board.

Currently, I've narrowed my choice down to two options:

• Gigabyte Aorus Master
  • Asus ROG X570 Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi)
Both of these options seem nice, but I want to know, which of these boards should I choose to go with a Ryzen 3900x (that I will end up overclocking)? If you choose the ASUS option, could you also try to provide a case link that would contain a good amount of the front I/O I would find on that motherboard while still being good?

Solution
Either board will perform just fine. They are both higher end x570's. Asus support is lacking compared to Giagbyte.

You may want to look at what each board offers as far as sound, M2 slots, I/O, Wifi 5 or 6 etc.

There is no wrong decision here.
Either board will perform just fine. They are both higher end x570's. Asus support is lacking compared to Giagbyte.

You may want to look at what each board offers as far as sound, M2 slots, I/O, Wifi 5 or 6 etc.

There is no wrong decision here.

Solution

zoeybadm

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
you might want to check on boot times (if a concern for you) for the 3900x I am in the middle of trouble shooting a build with a 3900x & Aorus board that is having issues with an acceptable boot time (I am currently at over 5 min).