[SOLVED] Which motherboard drivers should be used after a fresh Windows install?

Hyedwtditpm

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2014
I got a Asus MAXIMUS VI HERO . Just installed a fresh Windows 10 (latest, November 2019 upgrade) , It seems to recognize the chipset there are no unrecognized devices in Windowd device manager.

On Asus support site of the motherboard , there are Chipset drivers from 2016 ( MEI: V11.0.5.1189 ) also there is a driver for SATA ( IRST_V14.5.0.1081_WHQL ) . Should I install these? Dont want to mess the system by installing worse, older drivers .
Also there is driver for sound chip . It caused the system to hangup after the install. It seems to work fine , but these are from 2016. Is there a way to find newer drivers ?

Solution
Generally I follow the rule that says "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Other than that though the mobo manufacturer should know what's best for public versions of Windows. So, if everything's working fine, I'd keep what you have. If not, then get the Asus drivers, assuming they indicate that they work with Windows 10.
Generally I follow the rule that says "if it's not broken, don't fix it". Other than that though the mobo manufacturer should know what's best for public versions of Windows. So, if everything's working fine, I'd keep what you have. If not, then get the Asus drivers, assuming they indicate that they work with Windows 10.

Solution