[SOLVED] Which motherboard should I buy for these components?

Feb 19, 2021
My specs would be-
  1. i3 10100f
  2. GTX 1650super
  3. 8gb x2 DDR4 3000mhz ram

Which motherboard should I chose and why?
two motherboards have caught my eyes, specifically MSI b460m a-pro and MSI h410m VH. Should I buy any of these and if these then which one and what will be the advantage?
I am currently on a budget so please don't high end mobo.

Solution
Just a bit of advice, you MB us the nervous system of your PC. Better to buy a good MB and cheaper parts to go into it as they can be upgraded later. But if the "nervous system" is bad to begin with, it doesn't matter how good the parts you put into it are, you will be hamstrung off top. Just some friendly advice. Also, the cost between a B chipset and a H Chipset is nominal, get the H chipset, and upgrade to Z series if you can spare the extra $75-100.

Mike2009

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
what brand and cache latency is the ram ,,, ? and what case is this going in ?

as far as Matx boards

1. Asrock B460m Steel legend is another option you could consider

MY personal experience with cheap msi boards deters me ,, im currently using a amd MSI budget board I had buyers remorse about ,, limited fan outputs ,,, just felt like cheap quality too. but i mean it works and it didn't cost a lot ,, ( well considering i just bought 150 dollar motherboard to replace it soon maybe i should not skimped in the first place)

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2021

as far as Matx boards

MY personal experience with cheap msi boards deters me ,, im currently using a amd MSI budget board I had buyers remorse about ,, limited fan outputs ,,, just felt like cheap quality too. but i mean it works and it didn't cost a lot ,, ( well considering i just bought 150 dollar motherboard to replace it soon maybe i should not skimped in the first place)
https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B083VMW862/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1
This is the ram I would probably buy
And are MSI motherboards bad, please say frankly your opinion I don't judge. And what benefits are there of the steel legend?

Feb 19, 2021

as far as Matx boards

https://www.amazon.in/gp/aw/d/B08KDR43PG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_4?smid=A14CZOWI0VEHLG&psc=1
This is the case I would buy and I don't really understand how to connect the fans to the motherboard. They give a remote to control the lighting but I read that connect some port to the port is mandatory even if the mobo does not allow controlling the argb. Can you please tell me where to connect whatever the pin is ?

ChangeinPortland

Commendable
Sep 9, 2019
Just a bit of advice, you MB us the nervous system of your PC. Better to buy a good MB and cheaper parts to go into it as they can be upgraded later. But if the "nervous system" is bad to begin with, it doesn't matter how good the parts you put into it are, you will be hamstrung off top. Just some friendly advice. Also, the cost between a B chipset and a H Chipset is nominal, get the H chipset, and upgrade to Z series if you can spare the extra $75-100.

Reactions: Iamnotraiden
Solution