which motherboard should i buy

rough_e

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
as the new 8th gen intel processors are out there, i am planning to buy core i3 8100 processors. but for this i want to buy a motherboard where i can overclock the processor. i know 8100 is a locked processor but i'll buy i5 8600k or i7 8700k couple of years later. that is why i want to buy such a motherboard which can help me to overclock the processors.
now as of november 1st. there is only z370 mobo out there and it is hugely priced and beyond my budget. so my question is which other cheaper mobo i can buy to overclock an unlocked processor which will cost around 80$ ??. B370 or H370 motherboard may come in feb 2018. can i overclock processors with those mobo ?? or is there other cheaper mobo to solve my problem.
Thanks in advance

Solution

If that's what you want, you should wait until next year for the cheaper B360 boards. If you cannot wait and are going to get a Z370 board anyway, you might as well pay a little extra to get a good board.
With that said however, if you will not upgrade until a couple of years from now, it would be better to go the cheap route now, as in 2 years we will in no doubt see a new generation boards with chipset and CPUs that are not backward compatible with current 300 series motherboards. Intel will only keep compatibility for 2 CPU generations.

rough_e

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017
thanx @kasper jorgensen for your answer.
so what do you think should i buy a lower end budget motherboard for i3 8100 now and then couple of years later buy the Z370+i5 8600k/i7 8700k ?

If that's what you want, you should wait until next year for the cheaper B360 boards. If you cannot wait and are going to get a Z370 board anyway, you might as well pay a little extra to get a good board.
With that said however, if you will not upgrade until a couple of years from now, it would be better to go the cheap route now, as in 2 years we will in no doubt see a new generation boards with chipset and CPUs that are not backward compatible with current 300 series motherboards. Intel will only keep compatibility for 2 CPU generations.

Solution

You buy a z370 board now and upgrade the cpu later or you buy when the non z300 boards come out a cheap board + the i3 8100 and when needed upgrade to a new platform.

rough_e

Prominent
Jul 12, 2017

Thanx a lot bro :)