Which Motherboard should I choose?

Nov 23, 2018
Hello everyone

I need a recommendation, I have the two Motherboard below that I can take at the moment:

MSI B450 Tomahawk $ 172.74
Biostar Racing X470GT8 $ 256,91

I am with a Ryzen 7 1800x and 2x HyperX FURY 8GB 2400Mhz DDR4 CL15 I intend to put the 1800X at 3.9Ghz which is the limit I see that it hits without problems, above that just winning in the "Silicon Lottery".

Which of the two should I choose? The prices have been converted into dollars of the original price of my country.

Solution
They both have been reviewed fairly well with the Biostar just a little bit of pace on RAM overclocking..The MSI Tomahawk is a very good motherboard so save the money and go for the MSI....

The Biostar was a good overclocker...but so is the Tomahawk. The Biostar was remarkably poor with memory on at least one review. You should easily get 3.9G for an 8 core first gen CPU on the Tomahawk, and if your silicon is willing maybe even 4.0G.

Unless I had a compelling need for full bandwidth PCIx16 at the second slot, or the LED bling scattered around the Biostar, I'd go with the Tomahawk. Especially considering the price difference, which might be justified if you intended to use some of the extreme features the Biostar has. It even has on-board power and reset switches for mounting in an open-air bench, as it would be when overclocking on LN2.

TRENDING THREADS