[SOLVED] Which Motherboard should I get for a RTX 2060?

Aug 3, 2020
Hi,

So I just got this new GPU (a RTX 2060) and I realised my motherboard (Lenovo IS6XM) wasn't compatible, so I want to get a new one but I don't really know which one would be ideal because I'm no near an expert in PC building.

My specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
20,0 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
931GB Seagate SSD (SATA (SSD))

And my PSU provides 600W.

The price is most likely not an issue.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for helping me with that! :)

Solution
Thanks for your answer but I've tried putting my new GPU in my motherboard and the only thing I got was a black screen and a series of beeps from my computer. If I understand well, it means that my computer detects the graphic card but is unable to use it for some reason. The 8 pin power connector is plugged in so the only solution I see would be my motherboard. Can you help me with that?

Did you plug the monitor into the graphics card?

Anyway here would be a modern system to upgrade to
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fnyWk6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16...
Hi,

So I just got this new GPU (a RTX 2060) and I realised my motherboard (Lenovo IS6XM) wasn't compatible, so I want to get a new one but I don't really know which one would be ideal because I'm no near an expert in PC building.

My specs:
Windows 10 64-bit
Intel Core i7 2600 @ 3.40GHz
20,0 Go Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz
465GB Seagate ST500DM002-1BD142 (SATA )
931GB Seagate SSD (SATA (SSD))

And my PSU provides 600W.

The price is most likely not an issue.

Thank you SO MUCH in advance for helping me with that! :)

If your motherboard has a PCIe 3 or even 2 slot it is compatible and should work.

honestly its not worth replacing that motherboard, if price isnt an issue you would be better off buying a Ryzen CPU, a B550 (or B450) motherboard and some DDR4 3600mhz RAM.

Aug 3, 2020
If your motherboard has a PCIe 3 or even 2 slot it is compatible and should work.

honestly its not worth replacing that motherboard, if price isnt an issue you would be better off buying a Ryzen CPU, a B550 (or B450) motherboard and some DDR4 3600mhz RAM.

Thanks for your answer but I've tried putting my new GPU in my motherboard and the only thing I got was a black screen and a series of beeps from my computer. If I understand well, it means that my computer detects the graphic card but is unable to use it for some reason. The 8 pin power connector is plugged in so the only solution I see would be my motherboard. Can you help me with that?

Did you plug the monitor into the graphics card?

Anyway here would be a modern system to upgrade to
PCPartPicker Part List: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fnyWk6

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI MAG B550M BAZOOKA Micro ATX AM4 Motherboard ($133.98 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($62.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $356.96
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-08-03 18:26 EDT-0400

Otherwise you would have to look around the used markets for a LGA1155 socket motherboard.

Solution