Question Which motherboard to use

The_Blue_Wiz

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
I have 2 MSI B450 Motherboards and am wondering which to use. 1. MSI B450 Gaming Plus Max, 2. MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC WiFi. I do a bit of light gaming, use a 3d graphics program to design models to print on my 3d printer. The computer will also run the slicer and send the gcode to a raspberry pi to control and monitor the board on the printer. I will be using a 2700x with 32M of 3000MHZ memory. The other use of the computer is to run sessions of D&D as the moderator for several groups. The video card is an EVGA 3060 hooked to 2 ASUS 24" monitors and a TCL TV so I can display information needed for running the games. I am using WIN10 PRO and at 75 have no desire to upgrade to WIN11. Other items hooked up are 1TB MI SSD, 2TB SATA, USB Card reader (9 types), CD Player r/w, a BlueRay Player r/w, external usb portable drive box for standard and 2.5 SATA drives.

The_Blue_Wiz

logainofhades

Titan
I would say it is more than slightly better, due to the VRM configuration.

1024.png
1024.png

The_Blue_Wiz

Honorable
Apr 29, 2017
Thanks everyone. A friend came over to put the computer together and brought the B450 gaming plus pro and put things together. I was laid up and had purchased the Carbon board and 1000w power supply. He didn't see the Carbon and put things together with the gaming plus pro. Guess I'll change it to the carbon between Christmas and New Years.

Randy